VHL Archeology Part 2

Will3

Time to grab my shovel and pickaxe, it is time for digging. Hello, welcome back to the series which digs up the remains of teams in the VHL' s past, run a couple of test on them, put them on display for your enjoyment, and question whether or not we should resurrect them for the modern day. These team belong in a museum and deserve to be remembered but can they thrive in the VHL of today? Lets find out.

The Quebec City Meute will be one of the younger teams I talk about in this series. They were created as a VHL franchise in S31 and and would exist for just over 30 seasons before relocating at S65 (the beginning of the modern VHL) and becoming the Vancouver Wolves. I find it darkly funny that Quebec City can't hold on hockey team either in real life or in simulation. Art does imitate life after all. Seriously Quebec City would be great for a future VHLM club. The name should probably be changed. The word meute means "pack" in French. The name seems inoffensive and even quite creative.  What is the problem then? When I looked up the team name,the first result was a far right leaning political group. In spite of not having done anything bad,(yet) they are definitely not the first thing you want to your franchise connected to in any way. Quebec City should be considered for expansionin the future with a very different name.

It is now time for me to talk about the Amstel Tijgers. They would only exist in the inaugural VHL season before becoming the Avangard Havoc,whose story is already on display in last week's article. The team name is simply Dutch for the Amsterdam Tigers. Given that the Netherlands is where ice skating and ice skates were developed, I am surprised that that the VHLE doesn't already have a team in the area. The name would have to be different because the Amstel Tijgers are a real team. They play in the Dutch First Division and have a long and interest history worth looking it to. Overall, this is another good city that should be considered for expansion with a different name, this time to copyright infringement.

That is enought digging for today. You can find some of the strangest things when digging. I hope you treasure the knowledge gained today as much as I will.  I think it is time for me to dig at the more metamorphic layer that is the minors to see what was left behind. Would you join me next week so I can unveil my discoveries?

Thank you for reading and #HaveAGreatDay.🙂

Edited by Will3