Forum Content

Ledge

Well it's Sunday and I haven't done a point task this week. I didn't stockpile enough graphics to last until now, and I don't have time this afternoon to make one, so I guess doing this will hypothetically take less time. I'm probably just going to talk about the Marauders and Burns for a while. Here goes.

The Marauders are in an interesting situation. I have big plans for this team, but it will take a few seasons to get into that routine, and when I got the team I was set back at least 2 seasons by the previous GM absolutely fucking me over and leaving zero picks in the first 3 rounds. So that was fun. My plan was to, one of these seasons where we're a fringe contender, do a hard sell and build up lots of draft picks over the next few seasons. Then I would just not trade any picks, and have a contending team every single season after that, rather than having a super team one season and a dumpster fire team the next. It's worked okay, since last season we lost in the first round in 6 games, which is adequate. I'd like to make it father, have a better team, without spending picks. In a way I am still experimenting with how to build a good team. As could be predicted, my team this year is top heavy. I didn't trade any of my top picks, so I have a few very good players, like Vandelay, Blue, and Mann. Smith is probably going inactive, which is disappointing, as he wanted to go to the VHLE, but didn't make it over 200 in time. So I will likely sell some of the guys I mentioned above, depending on if we keep losing in the sim, at the deadline, and hopefully somehow still make the playoffs, although it's not the end of the world if we don't. 

Onto Burns. I knew coming into this season, as a comparatively low-TPA player, he wouldn't be leading any categories. He isn't but I think 15 points in 22 games is pretty impressive, surpassing at least my own expectations. The build is funny though. Not that it's bad, but I've seen different players try different things. I saw one player in my draft class who I won't name who put all their TPE into two or three attributes, which I think is trying to create a new meta and defeats the whole purpose of the new system. I had a spread it out attitude, and I found a player to model Burns after, Duncan Idaho, who is doing just fine this season. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm on the right track. Doing something good for the league, and having a bit of fun testing out these new builds. The satisfying thing is the player who tried to meta their build has less points than Burns (maybe that's because Burns is getting loads of ice time on a sparse Oslo Storm, but hey, it's more points. I'm not complaining). I will say that I am frustrated by how far ahead some of my fellow S82 draft class folks are in terms of TPE. And I've looked, it's mostly from donations. Which pisses me off, because I don't have an online money thing where I can give 5 bucks for some TPE. If I could, I would. But I can't, so I might not even go in the top five of my draft. Which pisses me off, because I'm max earning.

Well, that brings me to about 600 words. Good day to you, and happy Mother's Day? I guess X AE A-12's birthday is on Wednesday, that thing will turn one year old. So that's that

On 5/1/2022 at 6:39 PM, Ledge said:

And I've looked, it's mostly from donations. Which pisses me off, because I don't have an online money thing where I can give 5 bucks for some TPE. If I could, I would. But I can't, so I might not even go in the top five of my draft. Which pisses me off, because I'm max earning.

Just keep doing HOF Articles, that's already matching the 5 uncapped from Dono. If you don't mind writing a single .com a month in the EFL and SBA while just taking a minute a week to claim the affiliate links from your earning here, that's another 4-6 TPE a season. GG you just made up the loss from not donating, except to Berocka since I know he's full sending it with affiliate checks too (but doesn't really do fantasy zone). Only Gaiko and Eyn ahead of you have any real significant Fantasy Zone TPE either. There's so much uncapped TPE floating around  (~50-100 per season) that the donations end up being pretty trivial to beat.

Also keep in mind you skippers got 10 TPE that the non-skippers can't get ahead of the draft. That's (almost) every bit as unfair as people being able to get 11 from donations that you can't get, is it not?🤷‍♂️