Few thoughts

jRuutu

RHiXcSx.png?1

The results of the recruitment survey were published during the weekend. One of the more interesting points in the results is the part about how users have found VHL, 21 out of 52 said Youtube. In the comments under the results you can see speculation whether Youtube is the best place to advertise in the future, or should TikTok, Instagram, and Reddit be used more instead. In my opinion, I think an even better option would be some kind of "fan fiction" forum. Instead of marketing VHL purely to hockey fans, why not go after those who enjoy writing fanfiction of some sort? Promote VHL from a roleplaying point of view more. Promote VHL as a place where people can practice writing, storytelling, English language skills, and whatever else. You could also advertise in some kind of "graphics" forum somewhere and promote VHL as a place where they can practice creating cool graphics.

I think advertising on TikTok or Instagram will be a mistake if the league wants to add users that do point tasks and create content to the forum. I assume the main audience you find from TikTok and Instagram are users that do welfare and pop in a few times a week to check the sims. How many users like that do we need? Unless, you target writing and graphics channels in those platforms, that makes sense. To be fair, I have no idea what has been done in the past with recruiting and how easy it would be to gain access to a fan fiction forum or graphics forum to advertise VHL, but I have to assume it's at least cheaper than Youtube or teaming up with some influencer.

When I published my previous article related to Helsinki Titans, I noticed some commentary about forum tagging. Apparently, it's not cool to talk shit and not tag the users involved, I guess people, in general, want to be tagged. I don't understand the reasoning. Does it matter when you see the article, you will see it hours if not days later anyways? That is the beauty of a forum, the material is there for days and weeks. Browsing VHL is a lot like running at the beach. You keep running around, having a good time. You might stumble on a cool seashell, or you might step on dog poop. You never know what you find. That is part of the experience. Those who want to be tagged want to have signs that lead them directly to the seashell. Where is the fun in that? See what is out there, isn't that the main point of a forum like this? For example, look at that cool picture I made. Vasteras fans will see the rebranding suggestion if they are adventurous. Why would I ruin the surprise by tagging someone? You came in, saw the picture, and wondered if this will be some kind of Vasteras thrashing article, but it was not. The article was just fair VHL-related commentary. Not an exciting headline followed by a clickbait picture, followed by not an exciting text. Nice adventure.