Trifecta TPE - Writing, Graphics, Podcast

Thunder

Maximizing TPE every week is a goal for most active VHL players.  It is for me, and has been ever since I started figuring out the benefits of TPE.  There are so many ways to earn points and the 6 point has been the hardest to accomplish, but is definitely the most important.  For me, barely navigating a calculator, I’m so far behind the skill levels of all you computer geniuses.  But I like challenges.  Always have.  Which leads me to this media spot, not so much for education purposes, but mostly as a variety to earning the TPE.  I have run out of ideas!

Writing articles- When I was beginning to show interest in joining the VHL, Scurvy promoted how I would just have to write an article every week to earn my points.  He mentioned a 500 word article and how easy it was.  And when I asked what other things I could do to earn, he mentioned graphics and podcasts.  Graphics, out of the question!  What am I supposed to do?  I cant draw.  Podcasts, most definitely out of the question!  What’s a podcast?

I joined VHL and stuck with writing to earn TPE.  Writing was the safest, but as I navigated through the forum and clicked things on discord, I discovered there was so much more.  The graphics are incredible.  I was amazed with the talent people have on this forum.  Naturally, I decided it was time to try a graphic.  I reached out to Scurvy, who is about as talented with graphics as I am, and didnt get anywhere.  Sorry for diming you out Scurv.  Anyway, I think MubblesFubbles or Shindigs mentioned some software to use.  Time to take the plunge.  After about $175.00 in purchases of software, I still couldn’t come up with a graphic that was presentable, but I wasn’t about to stop trying.  Time was ticking however, as I had to be sure to have the right software purchased by the next billing cycle of the credit card, because if you knew my wife, you would know the trouble coming when the bill came.  Finally, I found a simple app on the IPad and have been able to come up with graphics that earn points.  Then came the next problem.  The size of the graphic was too big for the forum.  What to do?  Well, I reached out to someone I have gotten to know and appreciate on Discord and the Forum, probably someone who everyone has talked to many times over…. Shindigs.  He is the icon of VHL.  Appreciate Shindigs.  Anyway, he told me to get on imgur.com and post that way.  After a few failed attempts I submitted graphics.  Not very good graphics but they earn the points nonetheless.

Now its time for a new challenge, and that challenge is to create a podcast.  A couple months ago I found podcasts and decided to do a review of a podcast.  I was impressed with the information on the podcast, not that me being impressed means all that much to anyone, but it was entertaining and provided some good info on the VHL.  I have to give credit to all you who dare to do podcasts and make it worth listening to.  Quite impressive, but I know to you podcast creators, its like riding a bike.  Who knows, in six months I may feel the same way about podcasts, but its going to take some creativity on my part to do my first one.

For you people who have not listened to podcasts, I recommend you click on one and listen.  Stick with it and listen to the end.  You will learn something.  The creators provide authentic communication and are entertaining while doing so.  I have to admit, I have not listened to enough podcasts to provide a well thought out detailed explanation, so I can only say what I have experienced.

Spartan was one of the first podcasts I listened to.  I think they are called Spartcast.  Spartan must have a lot of time in the VHL because the podcast I listened to was remarkable and full of details that a newbie like me found quite valuable.

Another podcaster to listen to is Sam.  I think its Samx.  I listened to a long one done by Sam a while ago, and did a review getting 1 TPE.  I remember there were several topics during that episode and she even had a guest, who I think was Spartan.  Once again, I found this conversation interesting because they both have serious experience in VHL and are so knowledgeable.  The one thing that stuck out on this podcast was Sam was considering a pet project, where she would ask for photos of peoples pets to post on the forum.  I dont know if this was ever completed or is still a work in progress for her.  The latest podcast I have listened to by Sam, is a recent podcast where she has Jardy as a guest.  Sam, in her true entertaining fashion, set up a good conversation with Jardy and the podcast was enjoyable.  Listening to Jardy speak about the VHL and players, teams, standings, etc… showed how knowledgeable he is of the VHL.

And if you want to listen to a really good podcast, seek out one of Jardy’s podcasts.  He’s got his act together on podcasts.  It’s like you can’t stop listening because you want to hear what’s next.  The podcast I listened to was with Berocka, who’s name I have heard before on VHL and I’m pretty sure he’s important in the VHL.  He does the games every day on Twitch for those who havent signed up yet.

If you want to be entertained with someone with a good sense of humor, listen to Nohbdy.  His podcasts are called “Talking to NOHBDY.”  From listening to his podcasts, it appears he has been around a while and knows quite a few important people in the VHL.

The last podcaster I’m going to mention in this post is Ctots.  His podcasts are forthright, entertaining, and genuine.  He seeks questions and answers them, regardless of how corny they are.  And I know they are corny because I asked some.  Another involved questioner is Shindigs.  His questions were more appropriate and intelligent.

What’s the next step?  It might take a while, but I am going to put my big boy panties on someday and take a giant leap into the podcast world and create a podcast for the 6 TPE.  Until that happens, I encourage all of you who have not listened to podcasts in the VHL, to take some time and listen to some.  You will learn things.

First, let me just say that I'm so sorry you spent $175 on software to make VHL graphics. I can only imagine how upset my wife would be; good luck to you. As a former podcaster who felt like very few people actually listened to my episodes, it's really interesting and appreciated to see you single out a handful of different VHL podcasts to highlight their strengths. Seeing the opinions of a relative newcomer is always interesting to me. Grammatically, there were only a couple of things that I noticed, most noticeably a missing apostrophe in the word can't. Absolutely nothing in here was so dramatic as to make it unreadable, however. Best of luck to you with your point task media spots in the future. 10/10