Getting Fleeced

der meister

As I think most people would guess, Ryuji Sakamoto is my first player to play in the VHLE. I was curious about the experience, what sets it apart from the VHLM and VHL. Honestly, there's not a lot that makes it different. It doubles the TPE cap, which I suppose is probably a good thing for first gen users to make sure that the direction they've been allocating their TPE is something they're happy with, and I guess my timing was good, because I get to do the same thing with the new hybrid attributes.

Ultimately, though, one of the nicest surprises is something that I think is fairly unique with Istanbul – at least, through my 10 years of sim league experience across multiple leagues, I've never seen such a thing. I'm referring to the post-sim tradition of The Fleece. I don't want to give away any secrets, but let's just say that I'm very happy to have The Fleece x2, and I hope I can tie @Jacob's Landon Wolanin with a x3 before the season ends. Credit to @KaleebtheMighty for informing me of The Fleece and its many delights.

Definitely one of the best traditions I've found in my time here as well. It's nice to get some and give some appreciation for the hard work we put in. You've had some really great performances this whole season so I'm sure you'll catch me in no time, although I have been on quite the tear recently. Go Red Wolves!

2 hours ago, der meister said:

Ultimately, though, one of the nicest surprises is something that I think is fairly unique with Istanbul – at least, through my 10 years of sim league experience across multiple leagues, I've never seen such a thing. 

The Reapers and the Hounds have it as well, Philadelphia calls it the 'Reaper's Key' and Mississauga 'Bone of Destiny' (yeah I did not think that through)...

9 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

The Reapers and the Hounds have it as well, Philadelphia calls it the 'Reaper's Key' and Mississauga 'Bone of Destiny' (yeah I did not think that through)...

We've got one too in San Diego, the Starfish. I do love handing it out though so I do it after every sim.

It would be wrong of me to take complete credit for it. Awhile ago when I was the GM of Philadelphia, @Alex was the one who originally brought it to my attention and to implement it into the Reapers locker room. I have merely carried that theme on to the VHLE and am loving how the fleece has brought the Red Wolves together every season!

2 hours ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

It would be wrong of me to take complete credit for it. Awhile ago when I was the GM of Philadelphia, @Alex was the one who originally brought it to my attention and to implement it into the Reapers locker room. I have merely carried that theme on to the VHLE and am loving how the fleece has brought the Red Wolves together every season!

I stole the idea from @Juice lol