2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Haha this isn't even worth it. Guy says Yandle wouldn't be in a Top 4 and then tries to bring up Hall into an argument about potential (not sure credibility is here). Fehr was actually hyped into being a first line winger. That link you posted is a scouting report about his play now, not back then.

The comparison was that Fehr was hyped and taken in the first round because of it, I said that Hall is somewhat of the same hype in regards to his potential projections. Many saying he is going to be challenging Sequin and Co. for the league league in categories. What they seem to forget is that those guys are responsible in their own end. But hey let's read into everything the wrong way. kEITH handle after all must suck since he has a -23...on one of the worst defending teams in the league. /rant

:facepalm:

Bring you NCAA career and focus on football, we'll be good.

Edited by boubabi

I think was Kendrick meant was that:

Fehr and Hall are both not producing at the rate they had been hyped to do. Fehr did have some similar skills to Hall (Although it's undeniable that Hall had a bigger package and much better).

I personally think Hall is playing a bit injured and will rebound.

Hall is injured, it's an off-year for him. I don't expect much from him for the rest of the season but next year he will be much better. He was really good up until he hurt his knee. 

Sorry I didn't understand this. Please speak Munk!

I think Hall needs to adjust his role and learn to be better at more of the game honestly. He isn't a bad player, but I don't think he will meet the expectation as Kendrick stated of a 60-70 point guy. But I do think he can be a consistent 20-30 goal scorer with speed, who if he learns the rest of the game better can contribute on both ends of the ice and more importantly help his team pick up wins. But there needs to be a commitment there imo. A change of scenery and some smarter coaching staff wouldn't hurt for him either. 

That is kind of the issue with a lot of the Oilers first round players. Taken very early in the draft fans expectations are that they are saving race top line forwards who are going to lead the league and go nuts in scoring season to season. Not every player ends up being that player. That doesn't mean they still can't be 1st or 2nd line material, it just means they need to be more than scorers. Very few players get away with just being a "scorer" or a "point getter" in the NHL. To do it you need to put up enough points that the rest of the areas you lack don't matter. And even then it isn't acceptable. Guys like Ovie or Kessel get ragged on to commit more and backcheck more and have since adjusted their games this past season to put in effort there as well. 

Sorry I didn't understand this. Please speak Munk!

fkin a-hole i h8 u rick. 

pls dewise if uve seen hall play u no he is more dan cabaple of being a 70-80 pt guy n gd at D n u use pil kessel as an example? m8 ur not a gd GM pls let me take over 

Everyone except the Sedins, Horvat, Dorsett, Vrbata, Edler, Corrado and Tanev should be up for grabs off the Canucks current roster right now. Fuck this mediocre team bullshit and fuck the playoffs. Go for the higher pick and actually rebuild already, there's no elite talent in the system to replace the Sedins so we're in for a few years of darkness anyways.

Also don't you guys have Shinkaruks, Virtanens and McCanns to step in.

Shinkaruk hasn't done too well in the AHL this season, he missed all of last year so he needs time to get used to the pro level. McCann is a ways off and is still in the OHL, and Virtanen is still in the WHL.

Yeah. McCann is probably a couple of years off.

Virtanen seems like he'll have a great chance at making the Canucks next season through the pre-season.

Shinkaruk has looked pretty good in the NHL pre-season, and decent in the AHL.

He hasn't been getting very many points in the AHL but he has been pretty exciting at that level and definitely one of the sparks on the team.

I think Hall needs to adjust his role and learn to be better at more of the game honestly. He isn't a bad player, but I don't think he will meet the expectation as Kendrick stated of a 60-70 point guy. But I do think he can be a consistent 20-30 goal scorer with speed, who if he learns the rest of the game better can contribute on both ends of the ice and more importantly help his team pick up wins. But there needs to be a commitment there imo. A change of scenery and some smarter coaching staff wouldn't hurt for him either.

50 points in 45 games in the lockout season and 80 points in 75 games last season.  This year he has been obviously injured and is still playing like a 55-60 point player.

The question is not if he can be a 60-70 point guy - he's already shown that that's easily within his reach. The question is can he become a regular 80-90 point player.

He has warts to his game defensively, but I'm fairly convinced that the Oilers need a massive upgrade on their blueline and you would see a huge turnaround in how everyone on the roster does.

He also plays a style of gane that leads to injuries, so that's going to hold him back from big time points.

50 points in 45 games in the lockout season and 80 points in 75 games last season.  This year he has been obviously injured and is still playing like a 55-60 point player.

The question is not if he can be a 60-70 point guy - he's already shown that that's easily within his reach. 

^this

IMO Hall is a 1st liner.

Edmonton sucks and they have no defense or a starting goalie.

Hell, their team captain is a defenseman who was fringe on most contending NHL teams. Ference was a bottom-2 pairing on the Bruins.

Ference is a strong leader and a great community guy.  There are far worse choices as captains, but he just is a crappy player.

Yeah, Phoenix has so much success with him as leader. And no way Phoenix want to trade him for the past 3 seasons.

And no way a norris trophy winner is a top 4 defensemen, I mean he's awful, right ?

Edited by boubabi

Yeah, Phoenix has so much success with him as leader. And no way Phoenix want to trade him for the past 3 seasons.

And no way a norris trophy winner is a top 4 defensemen, I mean he's awful, right ?

Until you learn to read peoples points, there really is no point in discussing any NHL with you specifically. You just skim over and read what you want, which is a big issue in regards to discussing most things.

But just so we are clear, you are saying Yandle is the reason Arizona sucks (not Phoenix). If that's not what you are saying, you need to re-phrase your sentence. Your right they haven't had success with him as the leader, but if you seem to lump that on one player I would hate to be your teammates.

Subban is a good player and I believe he is a top defensemen in the league, but where you were wrong is that you said Yandle should be pulled off the ice when Arizona is even strength and killing a penalty. I said if thats the case we might as well pull Subban off for the exact same situations because he is just as weak defensively as Yandle. What's the difference? Smith is behind Yandle and Price is in behind Subban. Now when the Habs start sucking again, will the fans still be this arrogant? ADV you don't have the same mindset, is this a division between Habs fans?

Edited by Kendrick