2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

But just so we are clear, you are saying Yandle is the reason Arizona sucks (not Phoenix). If that's not what you are saying, you need to re-phrase your sentence. Your right they haven't had success with him as the leader, but if you seem to lump that on one player I would hate to be your teammates.

No, I'm saying that they doesn't have the defensive core to replace Yandle. If Gormley's progression would have been quicker, Yandle wouldn't be at Phoenix this season. And why OEL is playing on the second line, he's definitely their best defensemen. He's got the offensive abilities, the skating, the defensive awareness to be one of the best (which I think he's soon to be).

And what YOU don't get is, in my PERFECT scheme, I put an Offensive D with a 2 way D. BUT, Yandle doesn't have enough offensive abilities to cover his poor defensive skill. He's not even thinking like a defensemen. Karlsson is a 1st pair D because his offensive skills overcome his defense weakness, plus he's way younger then Yandle so he could learn how to play against the best. 

In my second pair scheme, I rather put a Shutdown D and a 2 way D, which isn't what Yandle is. yes, you can put a put Yandle on second pair, most team would do because they doesn't have enough resources to do the opposite. But in MY personal perception of a perfect team (who could fit in a salary cap) I don't want Yandle on my 1st line because he's just vulnerable defensivly and i don't want that type of player on my second line. Of course I could take him if I'm an average team like Edmonton, but if I want to build a Stanley Cup winning team, I'll likely pass on Yandle.

Subban is a good player and I believe he is a top defensemen in the league, but where you were wrong is that you said Yandle should be pulled off the ice when Arizona is even strength and killing a penalty. I said if thats the case we might as well pull Subban off for the exact same situations because he is just as weak defensively as Yandle. What's the difference? Smith is behind Yandle and Price is in behind Subban. Now when the Habs start sucking again, will the fans still be this arrogant? ADV you don't have the same mindset, is this a division between Habs fans?

If you think that Subban's 2012 play is the same as Subban's 2015, you are plain wrong. He still do some High danger/high reward play, but he does them in specific time now, and not everytime he feels too. He still does mistakes, so is Drew Doughty, but when he does a mistake, I rather keep him on the ice because that's how PK Subban plays, he'll reward you with game changing plays that could make your team win. Yandle is just plain boring. He does a good first pass (Congrats to him), put other then that, I don't see how we could control the game like a Drew Doughty or a Duncan Keith.

Before this season, Smith played pretty good and was considered as a top tier goalie.

And Kendrick, being a jerk is in your nature or you learned to act like this ? 

Edited by boubabi

So what you're saying is you are basing your opinion on your perfect scheme and not an NHL realistic point of view. That's what you have written down there, which is fine but we weren't talking about our personal schemes. So this whole argument could've been avoided if we discussed Yandle as the player he is like I was doing, and not turned to a personal bias towards schemes you prefer. Because I was discussing his value as a player, not in Boubabi's personal scheme.

I'm a jerk for discussing and you misinterpreting it? I wasn't the one who got personal in the last page, that was you sir. I discussed Yandle that is all, you did it with an approach that discredited points in which you didn't even read properly. In that way it was a struggle to talk considering anytime I did discuss it you simply didn't read. But touche for getting personal.

Moving on once again to a point that should be discussed, Tyler Myers is on the block!

If you remember, I said my perfect team/scheme was like Chicago, LA Kings, Stl Blues, ol-time Boston who all fit in their salary cap.

Sweet, no one was talking about that though. We were talking about Yandle, not personal schemes.

That's call a reference point. I reference Yandle's depth chart position on actual winning team. Hit me on chat when you'll have time. Oh nvm, you blocked me.

We weren't references him on a good team, we were talking about the player he is and the success he has had one a team without a proper system. I blocked you yes, smart move.

Welcome to the big leagues Leaf fans.  Us Oiler fans have seen a truly high level of garbage hockey for a long, long time now. You have a long way to go before you can lose like the Oilers can.

I made it to the Reilly goal tonight, which is a lot longer than normal.  Not sure if I'll watch a single Oilers game again this season.

Cherry was talking about how the Leafs don't have an identity without McLaren and Orr, he might have a point.

Or he might not.  You never know with him.  Depends on what he decides his drool tells him to say that night.

I don't know what's sillier.

The fact you guys are going back and forth.

Or that this all started because Keith Friggin' Yandle :lol:

But ... Yandle's offensive abilities are enough to make up for his defensive 'shortcomings'. Now can we stop talking about Yandle? lol

Johnny Malkin is GOAT though.

Welcome to the big leagues Leaf fans.  Us Oiler fans have seen a truly high level of garbage hockey for a long, long time now. You have a long way to go before you can lose like the Oilers can.

I made it to the Reilly goal tonight, which is a lot longer than normal.  Not sure if I'll watch a single Oilers game again this season.

no kidding, I think the Leafs had more scoring chances tonight then they did over their 11 game losing streak. 

That game last night was a damn good time. Was at the game with Brandon, totally made up for the game on Thursday that I was also at. That said, why the heck can't the Canucks play like that more often?

Apparently Willie was on their asses at practice after that San Jose game, so maybe they had some fire heading into that game against Pitty. Hopefully they can play like that against Minny as well tomorrow. The last Minny game didn't go so well so I'm hoping they can pull through this time.

Tough schedule ahead for the Canucks with Minny, Chicago, Boston, Calgary, Minny again, Rangers and then Devils.

Apparently Willie was on their asses at practice after that San Jose game, so maybe they had some fire heading into that game against Pitty. Hopefully they can play like that against Minny as well tomorrow. The last Minny game didn't go so well so I'm hoping they can pull through this time.

Tough schedule ahead for the Canucks with Minny, Chicago, Boston, Calgary, Minny again, Rangers and then Devils.

I heard their was a fight in the Canucks practice on Friday?