This Field Is Required

NSG

If you guys are complete strangers to the league, you might not have noticed that Jruutu and I have been feuding in various articles about all sorts of things over the past 3 seasons or so. For the longest time, I thought all his insults were as serious as his belief that meta should be killed, and thus I responded (mostly) appropriately. I was going to go on forever believing that Ruutu was this absolute jackass of a person who hated anything and everything to do with the S80-S82 Vancouver Wolves. But then one day, I had a revelation.

It was a Friday morning and I had just read the SBA's "Fun 2.0" announcement, which basically said the same thing as the original Fun announcement, which said that we needed to not be toxic and have fun cuz sim leagues and stuff. That day, I saw an unread message for the SBA's Colorado LR, so in I went, and it was Spartan criticizing the Fun 2.0 post. Over the span of a lot of hours (with multiple delays, it should be noted: I'm not that social), we talked about the SBA BOD, lawn-mowing, and a bunch of other things before we started talking about online fights, when I mentioned Ruutu. Spartan said that he treated 95% of his content as a joke, and then found various posts of me overreacting and being stupid, and I started wondering, "Huh. Maybe Ruutu doesn't actually believe that I'm a bitch and whatever?" And so, to answer this question, I decided to ask the man at the center of all this: him!

That night, I sent a rather long forum message that was sent under the assumption that he actually hated me, so I chose my words carefully, was way too diplomatic and wordy, and looks really stupid if I read it in hindsight. And for all his buildup inside my head, what I got was effectively, "No biggie! It was great watching you overreact and you probably helped end meta sooner!" which was not exactly what I was going for (in the end, though, I suppose it was the right move). So now on the one hand, I look like an idiot, but on the other hand, now I know that I was being stupid, which is better than still being stupid.

As for other news, Henry Tucker's peers are all now retired, and the S76 Class is now dead. Tucker, who was selected 26th overall, finished 7th in TPE, with 1088, solidly ahead of 8th place RGN, and his 19 place jump was the 2nd highest among the people who actually stayed active, trailing only his good friend Tater Tot (14th, 42OA). Tucker Jr, meanwhile, is not exactly an underdog, as he currently sits at 6th and could easily move up in the rankings as time goes by. Henry Tucker will have his last hurrah in the ProAm tournament this year, which he began playing in 9 years ago. Currently, he's in the lottery tourney, which, in spite of suboptimal lines, the 3-time captain has gave it his all as throngs of Vancouver faithful stream in to wish him goodbye. Tucker Jr, meanwhile, has struggled in the Junior Showcase Tournament, going 1-4 with a .819 SV% and a 4.05 GAA. Prolly need to work on that, man.

555 words

Pings