Not The Longest VHL.com Ever, But Still Pretty Long

NSG

Well, Henry Tucker's career is finished, save for some ProAm contests, while his son's career rages on strong. As per the rules, Halifax has released Tucker Jr, although it is hoped that he returns for another season. So far, only the Mississauga Hounds have contacted him, which is a little disappointing, but it is only the VHLM; I don't have that much power over my fate anyways. Like, yeah I could retire my guy in protest, but that would just waste my 76 TPE carryover. Some other stuff also happened: Tucker's jersey got retired right as @Nykonax (love you man, and not just for retiring my jersey was stepping down, and yes, Nyko stepped down. Since I haven't stepped down yet, I'm the interim GM, which is super exciting and also meaningless since I have no power. I guess I could apply for VAN GM but I never did anything useful, so I'm still pretty unqualified. I'll likely end up mutually parting ways with the new GM, honestly, so whatevs. Anyways, here's the next-to-last edition of double records, since Tucker's playoff records will come next week.

Henry Tucker

Games: 504 (T-3rd) - Where I finished on this list was pretty predictable, because obviously I had some limitations.

Goals: 241 (1st) - In the end, I did end up beating Zolnek by 11 goals to win this race, and thus I claim 1st. I imagine I'll sit at the top for quite some time, but I kinda doubt that I'll keep this record until the 100s

Assists: 284 (5th) - Not my forte, but I still finished 5th, and all in all, that's still a really great finish.

Points: 525 (4th) - Winning this was a tall task regardless, since RGN and Zolnek had a year's advantage over me, and Su's a franchise legend, so the fact that I didn't get to first isn't surprising. If only I had been 1st in assists as well...

+/-: 54 (T-19th) - Definitely the most meaningless stat on this list, I ended up somewhere in the middle, which didn't surprise, since I played through 1 season where I barely got any minutes, 3 seasons when we were winning, and 3 when we were tanking, so yeah, I don't care about this one. Fun fact though, me and RGN are tied.

PIM: 862 (1st) - Again, this is definitely what I'm most proud of, along with hits. Penalty minutes have always been an underprioritized stat and because of me, it feels wanted, special, and appreciated. I completely demolished Vanny's old record and I imagine that this record will stand for quite some time.

Hits: 1706 (1st) - I demolished this record even more, beating Sandstorm by like 500. This is what I'm 2nd most proud of, because hockey is a violent sport, and of all of the dudes who've ever played for Vancouver, I was the most violent and abusive of them all. And I did that even while spending 14 hours and change sitting in the penalty box. 

Shots: 2573 (1st) - When you're the franchise leader in goals, presumably you should also lead in shots. Thankfully, I was smart and did that.

Shots Blocked: 266 (15th) - Thanks to those newfangled attributes, I was able to suddenly start blocking shots, and thanks to me blocking 103 of them last year, all of a sudden I'm undeservedly in the top 15! Yay, I guess?

Game Winners: 33 (2nd) - Somehow Julius Freeman managed to get 40. I don't know how, but he did, so I'm not first. Not that mad, though, because we didn't win a huge amount of games, and when we did, the Reinharts were busy stealing my points. Fuck meta, man. Now we have to deal with these confusing-ass hybrid attributes, and I had to watch all these rookies with 30 less passing than me score insane amounts of points in the name of team success or whatever. 

Henry Tucker Jr

Games: 8 (25th) - Tucker Jr worked really hard, and as a result, he got on Page 1 of the team records!

Wins: 7 (21st) - Because I was placed in games that were pretty easy wins, I rank higher in wins than 4 goalies who played 10+ games!

Losses: 1 (T-30th) - Thanks to 1 dinky loss, I have been forced to share the title of last place with the legendary Thadius Sales, who apparently played for Halifax a long time ago.

OTL: 0 (T-24th) - I also share this record with Sales, but I do have some more company this time. The most games a Halifax goalie has played without an OTL is 13, as Hunter Blaidsell did it in Season 82.

SV%: .908 (2nd) - At one point, this was a weak spot for me, but thanks to a shutout and some late-season improvement, this is now one of my strong spots, as I only trail a goalie who played half as many games as me, so I'm happy.

GAA: 1.61 (1st) - I've been in control of this category from Day 1, and I continue to dominate it. The next closest dude, Tyler Smith, is 0.62 behind, so I can have a bad game or 2 and still keep the record. 

SO: 1 (T-16th) - 1 shutout in 8 games is really impressive imo, and Halifax's history seems to back it up: Of all the people with 1+ SO, I have played the fewest games!

Goals Allowed: 13 (31st) - Because of my superior GAA, I was able to just barely scrape past Sales for last place, 14-13, even though he played 4 games to my 8! It's fun to be good.

Saves: 141 (30th) - This is where it becomes obvious that I had an easy workload, because there are 5 people ahead of me who have played fewer games than me. Oh well, we'll just gloss over that minor detail next time.

And that concludes another long-ass VHL.com, see you (most likely the "you" in this scenario is @Shindigs) next week!

977 words goddamn

11 hours ago, NSG said:

So far, only the Mississauga Hounds have contacted him, which is a little disappointing

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The draft date hasn't been set yet, and we don't know if recreates will/won't have the option to opt up to the VHLE yet either. So most draft interviews will likely happen the week leading up to the draft. Since until then who is/isn't eligible is kind of a guessing game. Vegas already have a starting goalie though, so we sadly have no need to pursue a recreate goalie. (or a high enough pick to get one for that matter)😅