Tried to do VHL Radio But My Phone Overheated So This Is What I Was Going To Say There But With Less Context Here Because I Can Speak More Than 150 Words In 5 Minutes.

MubbleFubbles

- I'm doing a podcast based on the draft, but I don't know which podcast would make for a more entertaining/insightful concept. Would you prefer a podcast where I talk about who I think the GMs will pick or would you prefer a podcast where I talk about who I would pick with each pick if I were GM? 

- The salary cap is battering some teams this season for sure. Some teams still remain $5 Million over the cap so it's interesting to watch how teams aim to counter that, do they go for the quick fix that will have them hit the same problems next year or do they go for a bigger rework which will hopefully see them clear of cap issues for a couple of years? I think the two big reasons for the cap getting threatened by more teams this season are the less present rookie contracts compared to pre-VHLE era (Some players like Johnny Xavier are making their first VHL appearance this season, but it's on a prime contract, 1-2 VHL seasons played on rookie contracts being more the norm nowadays rather than 2-3 on rookie contracts pre-VHLE) along with depreciation not having nearly as big an effect on veteran players as previous seasons (Examples such as Zeedayno Chara depreciating less with 7% this season than with 4% last season, the Prague Reinharts depreciating by less than 100 TPE in their final season.). It's not necessarily an issue, it actually makes for a more entertaining off-season for the neutral. It does mean teams are going to struggle to stick together more often now, but it could also give an incentive for faster rebuilds if players are going to need to be moved more frequently.

38 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Would you prefer a podcast where I talk about who I think the GMs will pick or would you prefer a podcast where I talk about who I would pick with each pick if I were GM? 

Yes!👍