After The Dust Settles | S84 Draft Steals

Brandon

2017 NHL Draft

Outside of the top 3, there wasn't a whole lot of certainty around the league what would happen. After the dust settled, the S84 VHL Entry Draft sure didn't disappoint. Most teams getting great value for their respective needs coming out very pleased, many trades around the league, and I'm sure for a few GMs a moment or two of frustration as a player they were eyeing gets picked one before them. A few teams, without a doubt, are coming out feeling like they just pulled off a successful bank heist, and are shouting at their driver to start the car so they can secure the bag and quickly move into the off-season. 

But when it's all said and done, and the careers of each draftee is over, who will be the steal of the draft? Which single pick will provide the most value comparitive to the pick selected?

When looking at the draft board, it's hard not to look at @samx Velociraptor Greg picked at 18, and @Eynhallow Noodles Marconi at 19, picked by LA Stars and HC Davos respectively. After reviewing moreso, however, I would like to point your attention to @weekz Cole Caufield jr. who was picked at 25 by the Toronto Legion, which might be THE true steal of the draft. I'm sure when looking back, based on the sheer amount of players involved, the chance this guess is right is relatively low. But we'll see when looking back in 4-8 seasons!