Noodles' Quest for Pasta

Eynhallow

I haven't really updated you all regarding Noodles progression.  Overall, it looks like Noodles will be a journeyman center.  Nothing really outstanding, but a contributor on both sides of the puck  It doesn't seem that he is a liability, but neither is he a superstar.  Reflecting back a bit, Noodles had a tumultuous off-season.  He continued to develop his skills.  He also played 8 games for Team Europe in the World Junior Championship where he contributed a total of 2 points, a goal and an assist, seeing limited ice time.  The next event to affect Noodles was the VHL draft.  Noodles had already played about a season and a half by this time.  After being drafted, he would finally see a payday.  Noodles was drafted in the first round, ninth overall by the Davos Dynamo.  He was a Dynamo for about 15 hours whereupon he was dealt to the Malmo Nighthawks.  Noodles was still not developed enough to crack the Nighthawks line up and so was assigned to the VHLE , specifically the Istanbul Red Wolves, where he had played a somewhat limited role the previous season. Currently, Noodles patrols both right and left wings (depending on what line he plays) for the Red Wolves.  The Red Wolves started off the season somewhat slowly, but quickly surged and are now the cream of the VHLE, leading the league with 56 points (26-8-4) after 38 games played.  During those 38 games Noodles has contributed 43 points (14 goals, 29 assists) and is third in team scoring, only one point back of second place currently held by his long time friend  AK92 Wit da Hoodie @hedgehog337.  By way of comparison, Noodles was only able to account for 11 points (4 goals and 7 assists) during the entirety of the S83 Regular Season.

In a recent interview by Gale Force, a journalist of some renown, Noodles was asked to what he could attribute this sudden uptick in his performance.  Noodles replied, "  I think it can be attributed to a number of things.  Last season I didn't have the skill development to really make any more of an impact.  Since then I have maxed out the skill number that one can attain in this league.  Last season, as well, the Red Wolves had a number of highly skilled wingers.  This had the effect of reducing the amount of ice team I would see regardless of my skill level.  Those guys have, by and large, moved on to bigger and better things in the VLH leaving room for a large increase in ice time as well as the opportunity of playing with other talented forwards.  This all pays off in terms of point production."  

Gale's other question was with regard to the Red Wolves as a team.  She asked if Noodles thought that the torrid pace set by his team was sustainable.  "  Well, as you know. anything can happen in hockey.  We could stay hot like we are now, or we could slide into a slump.  All they guys can do is keep coming to the rink with a positive attitude and ready to work.  If this is the case, there should be no reason why we can't finish first in the league."