First time being traded

Anthique

I can remember it clearly, waking up that morning. I could hardly sleep. The thought of finally getting to play in front of a crowd so large was intimidating. All these emotions were running through my head. Was I going to be the player the Reapers wanted? I tried to forget these thoughts by envisioning some plays in my head while I sat down for my breakfast. Good old bacon and eggs to get started in the morning. I made it a rule that there would be no sports networks the day of a game or the day after. I did not want the media to affect me in anyway. I stand out on my balcony, overlooking the city of Philadelphia. It is peaceful at 5:30 am, though in a couple hours this city will be loud and full of life. This move had really shaken me, but I’m happy to be a part of a new team.

After breakfast, I went down to the rink. I dressed in just my skates helmets and gloves, and went out for a very light skate. I worked on my shot, and stick handling mostly. Just getting a feel for the puck and get some nerves out. I stopped at center ice, and just basked in the glory of the rink. I did a couple more laps, and made sure to hit the cross bar before leaving the ice. Immediately went to the lunch area and had myself a light snack. Apple, and a couple granola bars. It was time to talk a walk down by the river. Was odd being able to look across the river into another country? It doesn't feel any different from just looking at it, makes you wonder if there really is a difference.

Lunch time comes around, and I had heard of this steak house place I wanted to try. It was called The Bulls with their famous secret recipe. I enjoyed my heavy meal, and ventured back to my apartment for a quick nap. Proceeding the nap I hop into the shower and blast myself with cold water. Really sparks my energy and gets me motivated. Head back to the rink, and hit the bike before we hit the ice for our pre game skate. I walked into that dressing room, I felt the sweat dripping down my back. My nerves were shot, no one can prepare you for something like this. I am struggling with my breathing while I tie my skates. I walk out into the hallway, they tell me that we rookies have to go first. My nerves multiply, I step into the runway, and can hear the roaring of the crowd. The stadium is packed already. Everyone excited for the first game with some new teammates. I take a deep breathe, feel that strong cold ice smell. Take a step, and run on to the ice. I go out take a couple shots, and look around. Seeing your name on the back of a jersey, well I've never smiled so big in my life. Everything else just came together at that point. It just felt like I finally was where I belonged.