The Hell That Is Mexico City

Tetricide

HAH, PSYCHE! I'm here to talk about how incredible it has been having @badcolethetitan as my GM and some experiences I've had with other GMs in the league as well. Once he entered the Kings Discord as the new GM, Cole had made it a point to have an active locker room to ensure a positive and welcoming atmosphere. That is exactly what I felt the moment I joined the Discord and I'd like to believe that the newer players that join us feel the same way. Last season, I wasn't so sure who I was being traded to and how it was going to be, but I'm glad it was the Kings. Being completely new to sports simulation leagues it's a little intimidating at first, but I'm no stranger when it comes to questions and Cole has been helpful every step of the way. I'm still learning new things here and there to this day as we've crossed over the half-way mark of this season. Cole always knows what to say to help hype up the locker room before and after sims. He  He's definitely one of the good ones here and I'm lucky to have him as my GM and helps instill the want to become a VHLM GM myself in the future. 

As far as other GMs go, the first I actually interacted with was @Shindigs and it was a really great introduction on how a good interview will go. We kept in communication up until a bit after the VHLM draft when my player was drafted to Saskatoon before he got the chance to. We haven't talked since after the draft and I hope he doesn't think I resent him not being able to draft my player sooner because I don't! When it came to the VHL draft, it was the interview with @Spartan  that made me realize that GMs are not just looking at the player but the people behind the user name, how they contribute positively to the community, and how they're improving as they progress through the seasons. I was sad my player didn't get drafted by Moscow, but instead by Prague which is currently being run by @Acydburn. Even though we didn't really talk in the interview prior to the draft, Acyd has definitely reached out since then with some pointers I wasn't aware of and helped push me to do more point tasks for the week to try to maximize my potential. 

My experiences with the GMs up til now has been nothing but positive and a hell of a learning experience. By nature, I'm someone who likes to train and help other people, and I feel like I'm kinda doing that a little bit in the locker room at times. One day I'll be ready to take on an AGM spot once I feel like the time is right, but right now I feel like there is still so much to learn about the league and forum. Luckily, I have some GMs I can ask to help move me in the right direction.

513 words, using for PT for week ending 10/2.

2 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Yes I did =P  It doesn't matter though, im excited that you're a part of the team :)

image.png.88669d2aea4d5d77e6daa2b431111501.png

I didn't mean it as if we didn't! We certainly did. :D  I more-so meant the length at which it was. I'm definitely looking forward to my player's debut in Prague!

5 hours ago, Tetricide said:

We haven't talked since after the draft and I hope he doesn't think I resent him not being able to draft my player sooner because I don't!

All good, didn't get those vibes at all. After the draft I just had my hands to full with helping my own players, as well as answering DMs from others that I never really got the chance to reach out again. I was planning to at some point, but something else must have gotten in the way. Happy you ended up with cole though, had I known you were available for trade. I'd have come knocking in SSK before he did.👀

4 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

Maaaaaan everyone keeps saying nice stuff about me, y’all are going to make me tear up

#blamecole There now it's evened out again.