My last Trade as Vegas GM

Shindigs

With me having announced at the start of this season that this would be my last at the helm of Vegas. I've just done my last trade, another oh-so-exciting pick trade. As is the norm with me. I'd like to thank Jacob for pulling the trigger on that trade now. He originally wanted to hold off until draft day and see if he still liked it at that time. But since I'll have stepped down by then, he was okay with doing the trade now. Which was much appreciated, as I really wanted to leave the next Vegas GM with enough picks in the S86 draft to be able to build at least the bare minimum of a competing roster around the players we will retain from this season. While also being in compliance with the new draft pick rules coming into play in S87.

Over my tenure of 3 season in Vegas I've made, I'm not sure like a half dozen trades or so? Maybe slightly more, and there's only ever been two players involved. This is pretty standard for me and comes in part from me always building through the draft in EHM and banning myself from ever trading for players/player rights there as part of the various challenge saves I'd do there. I just like a homegrown team, feels like something I built. Rather than something I bought. I've also traded away every single 1st round pick I've had (apart from the 2 I inherited from Mubbles in the 1st season). So it seems fitting that my last trade is me trading away another 1st with no players involved. All things considered.

Hopefully whoever takes over after me, be it Reid or someone else. Will do as well with scouting and make the best use of those extra 2nd and 3rd round picks. To use one of my favorite quotes, who I can't remember the source of anymore, from the NHL draft. "Good GMs make earn their pay on Friday, but great GMs earn their pay on Saturday". Which if you're confused about what that means, Round 1 of the draft is on Friday, the rest of the draft is on Saturday.

Just now, jacobcarson877 said:

first round picks are overrated!

as always, pleasure doing business with you and we shall miss you beating us up every season!

I mean they are great if you have a purpose for them. Like this draft I lost a lot of sleep over not having a 1st and needing a goalie. It all worked out in the end, but if I had a 1st it would have guaranteed worked out. Just not *my* 1st, since that was 10 OA which is just a 2nd round pick in a fancy hat.😅

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

DO you have plans to be a GM in the VHLE or any plans at all after your tenure?

Not really, going to be focusing on IRL stuff more for a bit.

You were the best GM Vegas ever had, also sorry for never helping that much with the team when I was AGM. I'm happy I stepped down since my life just went crazy this week. Anyway, wish you the best in anything you do in future!

P.S. If you need help containing any bot armies that juan makes then call Retoslav, he'll be them up like he did to Vinny Detroit earlier this season lol