Are the rules accurate?

scoop

12.2 - Career Length

Player Careers hold 8 seasons of VHL eligibility, starting with your Draft Season (i.e. S71 Prospects will have their career run from Season 71 through Season 78, inclusive.VHLM seasons prior to your Draft Season do not count towards your aggregate seasons. Playing in the VHLM after your Draft Season does count towards your Eight seasons of VHL eligibility.

13.1 - Retiring Your Player

• All players are automatically retired after completing 8 seasons following their their VHL Draft.

13.5 - Depreciation for S80+ Players (S80 and newer)

All players from S80 onwards will be subject to depreciation in the off-season prior to their 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th seasons of play in the VHL. Seasons in the VHLM / VHLE do not contribute for this calculation.

Those first two rules seem to be contradicted by the third. I don't know if updating those retirement rules was missed when the VHLE came into existence and the new rules were made, or if possibly the new rules were reversed? Depreciation in the 9th season would obviously not be a thing if there is no 9th season, which is what the first two rules would imply.

The rules are incorrect for most of us yes, but only because of the players who played since the inception of the VHLE (which started in S80, hence the 80+ players having different rules)

I think we are 1 season away from there only being 1 ruleset (as the 79 class will be retiring and everyone will be 80+)