VHLM This Week (October 5, 2014)

Jala

QsRd00z.png

Welcome to :vhlm: VHLM This Week.

TPE Earners

Check out the Fantasy Zone. There are two zones, the VHLM version and the VHL version.

*Anyone can join the VHL fantasy zone, only VHLMers can join the VHLM zone. So go on and jump into both to try and double your gains!*

Most weeks both zones will only have 2 options for you. a) Pick 'em. You are given 4 games and you choose the winners of those 4 games. If you choose correctly and all 4 teams you chose are winners, you are awarded +1 TPE. b.) Predict the score. You are given 1 game and you must choose the winner and the final score. If you are right, you get awarded +3 TPE.

Player store is open again. Use your newly earned contract money to improve your player or see yourself in the mag!

Announcements

The new site banner voting is in the final stage. Make your voice heard and vote for your favourite submission.

Round 4 of the GFX Tourney was announced and the brackets are set up. It is a head-to-head competition with pre-selected renders. Should be interesting to see what these great artists can produce. Keep your eyes peeled for the sigs when they come out.

There have been some rule changes that affect the VHLM. Some of the changes include all teams having a 50 TPE CPU back-up and some free agency adjustments. Check out the full announcment here.

The VHL has their Instagram account up and running. Just for following with your account, you get +1 TPE. Simply follow them and then post in the thread. There's also a two PT opportunities you can take a look at in the thread. Good to see social media expanding for the league.

Media

Here are some media spots and Fan590s I was looking at I thought you guys might find to be funny or a good read.

Edition 50 of On the Rise is out, the mag crew works really hard on it so make sure you check it out if you aren't. This edition is a historical edition and looks back at the storied past of the VHLM.

Oskar Harumpf goes over his plans for his first full season in the VHLM. Very detailed and an interesting look into a great player in the league.

Fedor Orkranitz shares his experiences with running a youth goalie camp. A great event run by the Rush to help promote this fantastic sport.

You can check out all the weekly updates in media or fan590s.

Graphics

We'll take a quick look at some signatures. These are all made by users and we think these are really well done and recommend you check them out and other submitted sigs on ideas on how to make your own better.

Jody 3 Moons created this good looking sig. It has some cool effects in it and his signature icon incorporated into the boards.

Raphael Pettyfer created this sig. It has a lot going for it and Pettyfer is constantly pumping out new sigs that are always great.

Yannik Zug created this beauty. You need to see it.

Lots of other that are worth checking out in the graphics section.

Games

The Rush thrashed the Lynx 7-4 in this shooting gallery.

A game not for the faint of heart, the Blades pulled out a win over the Watchmen, 7-6.

You can check out all the games that were played in the S40 games section.

VHLM Player Spotlight

This week we had a chat with defender Jaime Hill of the Bern Royals.

Were you excited to start your first full season in the VHLM?
I was ecstatic. With how much I was able to improve my play towards the tail end of last season when I joined, I was really hoping for some great results in my first full season. I'm loving the season so far.

How do you feel about the Royals great start to the season?
I feel great. It's such a pleasure to be playing with such gifted individuals, and I've gotten pretty close with my new teammates already. We heard a lot of people at the beginning of the season saying we wouldn't do well, so we're doing all we can to prove all the naysayers wrong.

Do you feel you're a big part of their success?
Eh, I feel that all of us are equal in the grand scheme of things. Playing with Nicklas Karlsson has definitely helped me bring my game up to a more professional level, it's a great feeling to have such a wonderful linemate. Along with all the amazing scorers the team has, I'm very pleased that we're off to a 7-0 start in the season.

What pointers do you have to help newer players reach your level of success?

Never give up, always keep pushing yourself. I started playing hockey later in life than most, yet here I am in the VHL on a great team. My play has improved significantly, but only because I never let myself give up when things got hard.

Any other comments?

The VHLM has been so much more amazing than I ever expected it could be. I can't wait to see how the rest of the season and the rest of my career plays out!