Bite Size Berocka #45

Berocka

Congrats on the Elmebeck nomination, I definitely want to see Berocka4Elmebeck make a comeback next season too!

Achilles heel joke is top tier, that’s good literary comedy.

I have a stupid conspiracy theory that trolls claim to be trans because it provides them with a level of social sympathy that they wouldn’t get as a cishet asshole on the internet. It obfuscates their problematic behavior to hide behind identity politics. Imagine if anyone said “you should be nice because I’m a straight man.” Anyway, probably not actually the case. I 

Bettr VHL with blackjack and hookers, I think. Cocain would complete the trifecta.

I couldn’t care less about your word puzzle, good sir. I do agree though, how frustrating. Do people say irregardless in Australia? It’s a huge pet peeve of mine. Just say regardless, dickheads.

Oh nice, answered the question before the prompt! That’s a first.

I think the league used to prefer that you message a commissioner if you were submitting a PT early, but it doesn’t seem like that’s really an issue anymore (prolly cause multi-week claims are more of a thing) so you should be good. 

While heel was just a wrestling term at first, I think it is definitely starting to be used quite a bit outside of that circle. I know people who don’t watch wrestling who’ve used the term quite a bit. 

You made me spit out my cup of tea at the idea of Achilles snail-mailing people. If someone from the VHL sent me a letter that was just something like “Btw, you’re a bitch”, I think that would make my day

So there’s not really a common verbal pet peeve that annoys me, but I remember one mate I had would always say “We won them” rather than “We beat them” and it always drove me up the wall!

- I might engage in my own #Jardy4Elmebeck soon. Maybe make it a double meaning as I try to win 4 in a row 🤔

- Talking about VHL members being heels makes me want to play Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 or whichever year I own that was fucking dope. If there was some sort of efficient way for me to create wrestlers for interested members, it would be good fun for me to run the GM Mode using VHL wrestlers in my show.

- Fong is bae-Z. But I suppose NEW members will only know him as this, and won't know what the olds are talking about with all this "Fong" nonsense. (Side note: I was confused for a long time when everyone kept calling "TXC" Hogan when I came back)

- I'm offended at your wishy-washy use of pronouns.

- You're giving me too much credit for "mods and bads," I would have instantly forgot about it. But since you mentioned it, I'll do my best to play the role you thought I might.

- I could care less about your pedantry of idioms.

- lol, you said "potty"

- My biggest speech pet peeve is perhaps when people say they're "OCD" about particular things. Particularly sentences like, "It's really bothering my OCD that this clothing rack isn't organized by colour." Listen lady, if you actually had OCD and it bothered you that much, you would probably say nothing and just start sorting clothes in a public space like a lunatic. You're really cheapening what having literal OCD is. Just say something like, "It bugs me that these clothes aren't colour coordinated." AND FOR THE RECORD, I actually do have an obsessive and perhaps even compulsive habit of clipping my fingernails. I don't know if I'd go as far to say that it's a disorder, and definitely wouldn't say that I full-on have OCD, but I do start feeling anxious if my fingernails start looking a little too "white." BUT NEVER EVER am I like, "lol omg, I'm getting so OCD about nails right now!" Instead I will either A) Produce a set of nail-clippers out of my pocket (because obviously I tend to just carry them around) and start clipping them in an inappropriate setting (or maybe I'll excuse myself first), or B) If I don't have clippers or can't produce any, I'll keep periodically staring at/getting distracted at my own fingers, and maybe start cleaning them with my teeth, and just generally be bothered by it. But I certainly won't be seeking a medal or attention for this behaviour!