Is George Patton The Best Player In The VHL Portal?

MubbleFubbles

Matthew Kai, Elfon Ashelf and Ian Smith

Jack Todaro and Haydyn

Chet Foreals and barry bigman

Dirty Caufield

Greg Santos

Majestic Buffalo

Dawson Thibert

Ches Morrison

Kiefer Leclerc

John Smith

Danny dimes

Evgeni Shevkov

Titomir Pukshuuter

Laser Brewer

Current Leaderboard:

1: Matthew Kai

2: Evgeni Shevkov

3: barry bigman

4: Greg Santos

5: Elfon Ashelf

6: Kiefer Leclerc

7: Chet Foreals

8: Dirty Caufield

9: John Smith

10: Majestic Buffalo

11: Jack Todaro

12: Titomir Pukshuuter

13: Ches Morrison

14: Ian Smith

15: Danny dimes

16: Dawson Thibert

17. Haydyn

18. Laser Brewer

So when I saw this name come up, I was incredibly surprised. I wasn’t surprised that it was a player sharing the same name as a US General (that was intentional by the user) because I was aware of the player, I just didn’t think that they’d make it into the portal but, sure enough here is George Patton. However, you would be much better off looking here given they were created a good 19 seasons before the portal implementation we see today. This does also mean though that I can’t give great feedback on Patton’s activity as our old update logs are hidden.

I remember Ramicus (the user behind Patton) fairly well because I remember advising them when they were setting up a soccer sim league and they hosted their initial setup discussions through Kik Messenger, which was literally the only time in my life I had ever used Kik Messenger. Anyway, Patton was a highly touted rookie heading into the Season 42 Draft and had just been appointed Yukon Rush GM, so when they were taken seventh overall in that Draft, it wasn’t exactly a surprise, although it did turn out to be a disappointment given Patton’s earning post draft as it took them two full seasons after that draft to graduate past the 200 TPE VHLM threshold despite being 114 TPE at the time of the S42 Draft. Ultimately, they stopped earning after hitting 224 TPE, and their performance in the sim was very fitting of someone with low TPE, registering a total of 66 points from Seasons 44-47.  Their last two seasons (Season 46 and 47) were significantly shorter than usual as they were released from their contract in Season 46 after 20 games and then signed halfway through Season 47 as depth.

They made the VHL though and were the highest drafted player we’ve covered so far, so naturally they have to be considered one of the top three players in the VHL portal, it’s just a case of how high. Given Matthew Kai had single season totals in the VHL that surpassed what Patton did in their career, I can’t make a viable pitch for Patton taking the top spot.  It’s basically a battle between Patton and Evgeni Shevkov and, that’s an interesting battle as Shevkov recorded 33 VHL points in two VHL seasons, exactly half of what Patton recorded in half the time. However, I will go with Shevkov as, unlike Shevkov who was consistently stuck on third and fourth lines, Patton was playing first and second line minutes in an era where it wasn’t as difficult for a lower TPE user to put up points, so there wasn’t a good reason for them to be struggling as much as they did. Therefore this puts George Patton as the third best player in the VHL Portal.

Current Leaderboard:

1: Matthew Kai

2: Evgeni Shevkov

3: George Patton

4: barry bigman

5: Greg Santos

6: Elfon Ashelf

7: Kiefer Leclerc

8: Chet Foreals

9: Dirty Caufield

10: John Smith

11: Majestic Buffalo