MegaBite Sized Berocka #16 - VHLM changes

Berocka

Hi, I am indeed a bro, and I listened to this - although half-attentively I will admit. 

I think that portal waivers being "not personal" is still a fair concern, but we got to a point where the waiver pitches themselves were lifeless and dull. It also felt like the burden of effort was on the GM's to a bit of an extreme point. No one seemed to really enjoy the process at that point. And yes, come back to being an M GM (or at least apply for the position). We've gotten a fair few members who heard the rumblings of this new system on the horizon who are thinking about going for the job now that it's focused on teaching and engaging and not just "be online 24/7."

In terms of implementing it, Dil becoming a developer might be the only reason that this was implemented. I honestly don't know if Josh would have had the time to do this, so the concerns back in 2019 would have been perfectly valid (no personal touch + too hard to implement). I also don't think we can track metrics for team info clicks but I can find out.

I'd play for you in the M if you were a GM. I doubt we expand anytime soon especially since we have defunct teams now. If anything, we'd slide VHLE teams back over to the VHLM. And you just said that lol.

I assume sirens mean ambulance, every time.

43 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Hi, I am indeed a bro, and I listened to this - although half-attentively I will admit. 

I think that portal waivers being "not personal" is still a fair concern, but we got to a point where the waiver pitches themselves were lifeless and dull. It also felt like the burden of effort was on the GM's to a bit of an extreme point. No one seemed to really enjoy the process at that point. And yes, come back to being an M GM (or at least apply for the position). We've gotten a fair few members who heard the rumblings of this new system on the horizon who are thinking about going for the job now that it's focused on teaching and engaging and not just "be online 24/7."

In terms of implementing it, Dil becoming a developer might be the only reason that this was implemented. I honestly don't know if Josh would have had the time to do this, so the concerns back in 2019 would have been perfectly valid (no personal touch + too hard to implement). I also don't think we can track metrics for team info clicks but I can find out.

I'd play for you in the M if you were a GM. I doubt we expand anytime soon especially since we have defunct teams now. If anything, we'd slide VHLE teams back over to the VHLM. And you just said that lol.

I assume sirens mean ambulance, every time.

I appreciate your reply. I agree it's still not personal but I think it meets how personable the average wavier offer is.

The majority of this podcast was just a dig at Gustav

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

If anything, we'd slide VHLE teams back over to the VHLM.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Berocka said:

I appreciate your reply. I agree it's still not personal but I think it meets how personable the average wavier offer is.

The majority of this podcast was just a dig at Gustav

I genuinely have no recollection of you having the portal idea first, nor do I remember not liking it. If we're talking late 2019 it's probably because I was good at waivers and didn't want to stop being good at waivers (and now that I'm typing this, you're saying that). Props for having what was ultimately a very good idea 😂

I think constantly being on the forum is a downside in almost all contexts. Even if it can help the players...I've seen people saying things like "well, if you're not online while you're in school during the day, you don't deserve to be a GM" which is bullshit and not the type of high activity standard we're going for.

Waiver signings plus more trade restrictions will very likely make competing more accessible to teams who aren't trade-heavy. Ultimately, we're definitely looking for someone who's good for the players much more than someone who can build a cup-winner. I consider S67, for example, a good season for the Hounds because we weren't a good team but still managed to produce a few actives. 

Gustav WOULD  and DOES listen to things you do. Gustav would also at the very least put you on the short list were you to apply for a job, and if you didn't get it we could safely blame Spartan for everything. You were definitely too hard on yourself last time around and I think coming into it from that perspective, you could do well.

"In New Jersey, where Spartan is, people are nice on the roads" BRUH

Edited by Gustav

I'd play in the VHLM for you, I feel like that would be a fun locker room experience.

Not a shit podcast nor a shit bloke!

The most difficult part of podcasting is getting the ball rolling. It takes me two or three failed attempts at introductions before I can find my voice for an episode. The struggle is real.

I guess I’d play for Berocka 😒

I felt Yukon had big history and they got moved :o

I was in a situation where I was in thick traffic at a red light and I heard ambulance sirens. We all had to split the two lanes for it and it was a mess, but we got er done.

Fuck South America

You’d be an adequate GM.

You should do a podcast with @ctots