Booberry Signs Davos Extension

CowboyinAmerica

:dav:

Davos, Switzerland -- When long-time Helsinki Titans goalie Xavier Booberry made his way over to Davos at mid-season, there was some question whether he would be at his new destination longer than the one season left on his contract. However, Booberry put those doubts to rest earlier this week, signing an extension with the Dynamo through S88.

For Booberry, the new deal takes him through retirement, and particularly with a full no trade clause it's likely he's found the home for the rest of his career. And for him, that exactly what he wanted.

"The goalie landscape can be tough, with a lot of teams not making moves or with younger prospects. If I have a place I like, why rock the boat?" Booberry said. "I'm happy here, and I'm glad they're happy with me too."

Booberry just entered regression for the first time in his career, but the expectation is that with his work ethic, he will largely be able to stave off age's effects through the end of his career. That means Davos has three seasons of high-level Booberry remaining.

"The goal is absolutely to win a title before I retire, that was never a question," Booberry added. "I think we have the pieces to do it too. It's been a long time coming for another Davos title, and I hope I'm here to help it arrive."