Community, time to show what we can do.

JCarson

Season 86, A time to show what a community can do!

Season 86 will be my 4th season, but my first that will occur over Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised by the post by Beketov earlier today about the 2022 Charity drive that will occur in December. It puts a different spin on the community versus what we saw in season 85. It may be that I just was not paying attention in the first couple seasons I was involved in but season 85 for me anyway showed some of the bad that occurs within a community of individuals. The number of bans, both temporary and permanent, that were the result of postings that just should not be occurring, were disheartening. However, this is not what I want to address. 

I want to thank those that help manage this community for the work they do and for including the ability to show the good side of pulling people together and what it can accomplish. I have read the suggestions that many have made of different charities we could support and the guidelines that the decision will be made by and honestly if we keep to those guidelines there will be good accomplished. So now the question really becomes: can we pull together, can we demonstrate the good in humanity, can we make this world a little better?  

I would like to encourage everyone to consider being a part of this. If you have the resources and ability to give, please do. There are so many in this world who do not have what many of us take for granted, whether it be their health, basic needs like food and shelter, or healthy relationships and mental health supports. So, I will say it again, please give. 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, JCarson said:

If you have the resources and ability to give, please do. There are so many in this world who do not have what many of us take for granted, whether it be their health, basic needs like food and shelter, or healthy relationships and mental health supports. So, I will say it again, please give. 

Of note as well we’ll likely do what we did last season as well and count blood donations as monetary ones in case people want to give that way instead of with cash. I don’t know if anyone did it last year but still, it’s nice to have the option and offers an extra bonus that’s always sorely needed this time of year.

I also didn’t bring it up in there because it’s not the point yet but we’ll be running the charity auction and stretch goals again so as we’ve done the last two years people will be able to offer their services for a good cause which is always fun.