VHL Song

Berocka

So I couldn't get the recording to work, but I tried to make a parody of we didn't start the fire as I thought it would be really easy. It turns out it is not, and the words/syllables really need a bit of work to make the song sound right. But I promised a song, so here one is. I used all the names that people liked my status I might tag them below, or someone else can if they feel adventurous. The song has a lot of odd syllables to make it work like, usually the two-word phrases are 1 and 3 syllables whereas our team names are mostly longer place names with a short mascot. Maybe I will go back to this and make it more fleshed out but at the moment I think I need to use a different song. If anyone would like to perform it or add to it feel free.

D.C. Dragons, Prague Phantoms, Vincent, Riga Reign

Dil & Brandon, Moscow Menace, Nurx the GM

Nurx & Gustav, Boom & Bana, Enorama, Triller

Banackock, Hogan & Frostbeard, Dil the pickle

We didn't start the drama

It was always churning, since Beketov’s been earning

We didn't start the drama

No, we didn't start it, but we write about it

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Berocka said:

It was always churning, since Beketov’s been earning

Love the line. Would work better syllable wise as just “Bek’s been earning”. The original is two syllables so it’s kinda awkward no matter what but three syllables there just doesn’t quite work.

In general better than I would expect. People really do have a tendency to underestimate how tough it is to come up with something like we didn’t start the fire.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Love the line. Would work better syllable wise as just “Bek’s been earning”. The original is two syllables so it’s kinda awkward no matter what but three syllables there just doesn’t quite work.

In general better than I would expect. People really do have a tendency to underestimate how tough it is to come up with something like we didn’t start the fire.

Yeah originally I went with Bek, if it was going to be sung then when I wrote it thought I may as well spell it out.

I'll take better than expectations.