First Gen Journey So Far - Sadie St-Louis

sadie

It's already been 4 months since I joined the VHL (which feels like so long already) and my experience has been a great one. I joined along with a slew of other first gens and was offered a spot on the San Diego Marlins instantly by @jacobcarson877 who was a great first guide to have in the VHL. When I joined the Marlins LR, I wasn't all that active at first, mostly just congratulating people on good performances and asking questions because there was so much I did not know. In that S84 season, I joined near the end of the season, but unfortunately after the trade deadline where the Marlins had already traded away their chance at a title that season for an absolutely stacked S86 draft (which appears to be working out well). Sadie St-Louis enjoyed some strange success at the beginning of her career, putting up 20 points in 13 games. Sadly, the waiver claiming spree by Jacob was not enough to drag us back into the playoffs although it was a valiant effort.

That S84 Marlins team also brought together the trio of @kirbithan, @John Cimarno, and myself, and making friends like that is the biggest reason I feel fortunate to have joined the VHL. The people here are already interesting and super nice and I haven't even interacted with most of them yet (not even having played a game in the VHL). It seems like an awesome community, probably because a sim hockey league is such a niche thing that attracts similar people. There is some great writing and art produced through point tasks, and I have found it very fun to see what everyone can do. I started trying graphics out for my point tasks a few weeks after I started and I have had a great time working on them!

Entering the S84 offseason, I was able to stay engaged through the JST and the Pro-Am which I think are great to run (they connect you with different people and allow you to see your player's progress). I was drafted to the Ottawa Lynx along with John Richards where we had a great locker room environment and atmosphere (until what happened with our GM) and I had a lot of fun that season. Sadie St-Louis scored 85 points in a full 72 games, but I choose to believe it would have been more because she played defense for about 40% of the year due to our lack of players at that position. Ottawa was poised to hopefully make a deep run, going up 3-0 I believe against Philadelphia. Somehow Philly stormed back and proceeded to tear through the rest of the playoffs (honestly good job Lemorse). It was a lot of fun in the VHLM just getting to know the league.

Being an S86 player, the biggest offseason was coming up with the VHLE and VHL drafts looming. I played in a second JST and it was a quieter offseason than before up until the drafts happened. @MubbleFubblesmanaged to work an absolute miracle and get the trio all drafted onto the Stockholm Vikings (thank you Mubbles) and currently we stand a bit past the halfway point of S86. While I have been drowning in schoolwork for the past month and a half and sadly haven't been as active as I would like to be, I am still having a great time in the league. While Stockholm is not as high in the standings as I think we deserve to be (and we will be a force to reckon with come playoff time) Sadie St-Louis is currently having a monster of a season with 62 points in 46 games and a league-leading 33 goals. My hope is that this production continues and shows itself in the VHL in the future as well. I was taken 4th overall in the VHL draft by @hedgehog337 of the Riga Reign (thank you) and I am proud to have been considered one of the best first gens in the draft. When I make it to Riga, I plan to contribute to a great locker room and to championship success.

That wraps up my summary of my VHL journey to this point; I hope to be here a long time. Wow, that ended up being more words than I thought (705 words).

Edited by sadie