The elites are at it again

jRuutu

marc-darcy-dion-mens-blue-tan-brown-3-pi

Elites and their fancy suits

We all know that fighting against depreciation is tough work. You had to pour blood, sweat, and tears at the forums to fight against the depreciation. The elites enjoyed the blood, sweat, and tears part, but when they realized that some are fighting against depreciation with a smile on their face, the elites got together and decided to act; "Johnson, we take their TPE away, but they are smiling, we can not have that". The elites have now decided to take roughly 2 to 5 % more TPE from the good people of VHL in every depreciation hit.

If we analyze the announcement post: we see why.

"For a bit now it has become clear that depreciation is not hitting as hard as intended since hybrid attributes rolled out." = You are too good for too long, you are also having fun doing it.
"Our initial estimations on how players would depreciate simply didn’t pan out which means that TPA numbers in later seasons are higher than intended." = You are not donating enough money, we need more money.
"For that reason we will be adjusting the depreciation numbers and fighters to the following:" = From now on if you want to be good for too long, you need to pay for it with real money.

By saying the depreciation is not hitting as hard as it should, the elites are saying some players are too good as they get old. On the surface that is a reasonable statement as you want to see some "realism" in terms of players getting older and it also shows in the way, the players play the game of hockey. After all, athletes tend not to be at their best when it's time to call it quits. However, highlighting the TPA numbers and stating that TPA numbers are too high in later seasons reveals the real motives of the elites. On the surface, some players having a nice number of TPA means very little, there is always those with more TPA than others. It only makes sense that someone who does the max earning or earns a lot, season after season, will, in the end, have a high TPA number.

1*V11EZJtBKZ-k42UBu-heMg.png

Big part of the elites day goes to counting money in new ways; coins? What the f are those?

Why are the elites so worried about the TPA number all of a sudden? Money. Users are donating less to VHL as a significant portion of the active users can build a nice player without ever donating anything. That is the real reason why depreciation is now going to be harder to fight against. Depreciation will be harder for those who are active, but do not donate. Depreciation will be more or less the same for those who are active and also donate. Sure, depreciation % increases, but so does the TPA as donating will be seen as more value for money now. The elites want to see more users donate to VHL. The elites want you to donate money to VHL.

Why now? Why is the league trying to earn more money? It has been speculated that VHL has invested a hefty sum in various cryptocurrencies over the years. When FTX went under, VHL lost everything. The league has been surviving by selling graphics made by users as NFTs. Rumors suggest that selling NFTs is harder and harder due to the influx of AI-generated graphics. The elites running VHL have now turned their attention toward the users of VHL for money. It was not enough that they get the content for free that they can then later sell; the elites want you to pay for the upkeeping of VHL as well. Not directly, but almost.

This is a cold world.

11 hours ago, Spartan said:

Real reason is that the M Commissioners have demanded a full-time salary and the funding had to come from somewhere. Thank you for my beer allowance buddy.

God I wish

Early rumors have the money going straight into next year's blues' trip to Aruba though. Inflation really does a number on those travel expenses.

Funny that I only read this after my comment this morning that I would now need to donate a full career to help me fight regression instead of just donating for my first few seasons like i usually do.