Deadline Disaster: Deal Denied

Doomsday

Deadline Disaster: Deal Denied

1200x0.jpg

TORONTO - With trade deadline day looking to be another quiet, uneventful day in the VHL, news suddenly broke of a trade between the Toronto Legion and the Warsaw Predators. The trade, which sent Oskar Lindbergh to Warsaw in exchange for Wumbo and a second round pick, seemed to be ideal for both sides. Warsaw upgraded between the pipes, solving Lindbergh's dilemma of where he would play in the future as well. For Toronto, Wumbo's contract would expire following the season, freeing up the money to bring up heir apparent Joel Castle in Season 87 and also adding a second round pick as opposed to losing Lindbergh for nothing. However, just as suddenly as the news broke, a statement from the VHL quickly put an end to it all: the trade had been vetoed.

As it turns out, it was a matter of the salary cap, and nothing to do with the trade itself. Even with the reduced salaries of a deadline swap, Warsaw still ultimately could not afford the contract of Lindbergh, resulting in the league office rejecting the trade from being processed. No further attempts at reaching a trade were reported, with both teams standing pat as the deadline itself came and went. For Lindbergh, he was back in limbo again.

"It was for sure a roller coaster of emotions," replied Lindbergh when asked about the attempted trade following a team practice. "It would have been great to get all the anxiety and unease of not knowing what's going to happen with my career after this season off of my back, but I'm just going to have to battle through it some more. You can't be great in the VHL if you can't handle adversity, and I'm no different. It's just going to be one game at a time, do my best to get wins and points for Toronto and support my teammates."

Lindbergh is set to be an unrestricted free agent following Season 86.

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Times, the finest purveyor of simulation sports news. He enjoys the overwhelming amount of cookies baked during the holidays, getting paid to work from home, and participating in the annual VHL Charity Auction.