The End is near-ish

Steve

It's that time of the season where the teams are fighting hard for a chance to be in the playoffs. I am not sure what teams those are as Malmo has been in the cellar for most of the season. It does look like there is a battle for a wildcard spot though. We crossed out our playoff hopes when we realized things didn't go our way in landing some free agents. I think that was the same time I crossed off being a ballerina off my bucket list. Some things are just not meant to be.

Oh here's a fun fact.

The twelve days of Christmas in 2020 had 175 members post on day one. This year we had 121 and has gone down each day which it did in 2020 but the average was around 150 members back then. I wonder what that means? Malmo had their Christmas party and 2 bots showed up, with gifts. Crazy times.

Have a safe holiday my friends.

• Commissioner
46 minutes ago, Steve said:

The twelve days of Christmas in 2020 had 175 members post on day one. This year we had 121 and has gone down each day which it did in 2020 but the average was around 150 members back then. I wonder what that means?

Honestly it means exactly what it sounds like: we had more active members 2 years ago. That isn’t surprising news though. COVID lockdowns, while unpleasant, were huge for the sim league community. 2020 was probably our biggest year of growth so it having the most members isn’t overly surprising.

Also if I recall I was posting those in the morning vs. These are going up midnight Pacific so it’s possible more people were just seeing them at “peak times” before but I doubt that.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Honestly it means exactly what it sounds like: we had more active members 2 years ago. That isn’t surprising news though. COVID lockdowns, while unpleasant, were huge for the sim league community. 2020 was probably our biggest year of growth so it having the most members isn’t overly surprising.

Also if I recall I was posting those in the morning vs. These are going up midnight Pacific so it’s possible more people were just seeing them at “peak times” before but I doubt that.

I knew that was going to be an answer. We are also behind, overall, the 2019 numbers. Even though Covid did boost the league, it's a shame we couldn't retain more than we did. I guess next years count might be a better indicator of where we are with members. It was just an observation and it used up some of my word count.