Steve Lattimer January

pugsood

This is the January installment of our interview series with Steve Lattimer, forward in the VHL.  The Sun Gazzette is beginning a new monthly column that will cover the new playing career of Steve Lattimer, who has recently joined the VHL. Beat reporter Michael J. Smith will be sitting down with Lattimer every month in his hometown of Mooselookmeguntic, Maine. 

Smith: How was your December in VHL?

Lattimer: I think it went pretty well? I answered a couple of press conferences, kept earning, think I did everything correctly? Applied some TPE. 

Smith: You don't sound enthusiastic.

Lattimer: Honestly I think I'm still being underutilized. I get pinged now and again by my GM asking me to do a press conference and claim welfare (both of which I do immediately) but I'm getting little guidance on where to spend ,if I'm doing things correctly, if TPE is being applied. I think I'd be best utilized by a GM who literally tells me exactly what to invest in for the type of player THEY want on their team. Seems strange to be underutilized when I can be something very exact for whatever purpose is needing to be fulfilled.

Smith: That does seem strange.

Lattimer: Yes, it does. But hey, everyone's got a life I suppose.

Smith: Are you active in the locker room?

Lattimer: Not at all. I'm sure they're all great guys but I just don't have the time or energy to be jumping into that.

Smith: Any thoughts on what's going on in the NHL currently?

Lattimer: Caught some of the Washington Capitals' New Year's Eve game on the radio the other night. Ovechkin is utter insanity. I hope he keeps up this pace and gets the all time record. The dumbass commentators acted like it was a foregone conclusion that he'd break the all-time record, but I guess they forget about this little thing that plagues players, especially those in their 30s and late 30s. It's called injuries. But yeah, seems like a cool thing to follow and also seems like the league is top heavy this year? See some big favorites when I talk to my bookie.

Smith: You gamble?

Lattimer: No rules against gambling on the NHL when you play in the VHL.

This wraps up our next edition of our monthly column with Steve Lattimer, newly minted member of the VHL.