I want to play

rory

"I'm a gamer. I want to play."

Tavish DeGroot is on the outside looking in. The feeling itself is not familiar to DeGroot, who's helped his various squads to playoffs in every single season he's played since joining the Victory Hockey League. The saying itself is not being applied here as is usually said in sports media, however. DeGroot finds himself sitting in the stands watching VHL teams form their rosters without a passing glance to the dynamite defender. Since free agent discussions opened, his phone has been silent.

"I think I still have a lot to provide to teams. Although defending has always been my main strength if a coach wants me to try to play up I'd be willing to try it, but I'm sitting at the table and not even being dealt a hand" said DeGroot in an exclusive interview on Friday evening.

The hockey world has been largely baffled by the lack of interest across the league. Some have raised questions about the lack of adjustment to the salary cap. Is there a grand conspiracy because of how TOUGH an opponent DeGroot has been? Perhaps the general managers of the league do not believe in the reformed attitude of DeGroot's agent and Halifax 21st owner Jeffrey Pines. Regardless, the commissioners and their squad of advisors have failed the player and left them in the dust.