article about something

hedgehog337

Here's some unusual Saturday article about something and nothing. More useful thing coming in next week when all these trades are gonna go through. It's kinda easy to review them and get lots of words so why not continue.

Anyways, the offseason is going full swing. Though I have to say that cap and roster crunch made this offseason a bit dry. Not much big moves and the free agency isn't producing lots of excitement either. Outside of DeGroot and Nezuko and maybe Power (I feel he's going back to Chicago, but maybe not?). The worrying fact is both Fong and Rory don't have much options due to teams not having enough cap space. So it looks like both of them likely going to sign with above average or straight up rebuilding teams instead of super contenders. I imagine what is going to happen next season when no one is auto retired and the cap is going down to 40. Even a harsher regression may not help the cause. After all, these E clickers are still a moment to be reckoned with. Some teams are still struggling to sell them anywhere. Speaking of which, lucky Seattle. Managing to throw Blake out and not even being fleeced, that's somewhat a shocker. Well...and then Bana proceeded to be robbed by Helsinki just to draft a certain player. Well then.

What about Riga? Nothing whole lots of. I decided to bring Webber Jr. for a third round pick which I think is a decent deal. He is on the way of being a fine offensive option once Riga is getting back on track. I believe we're one season away so not long time left. Also, the lotto gave us a 2nd overall. At first I was upset, I really wanted that first. But after all of these rumors looks like there is nothing to be mad about. And the also there's a chance the draft is about to be less predictable than it was expected at first. So I guess....draft hype! All in all, we should have a better season. Not a groundbreaking one obviously, but I believe we can fight for as much as 30 wins. Or maybe more, because why not. Right Simon?

Back to league things. Some big moves did happen. Lindbergh to Calgary, Cheese to Warsaw, Kowalski to DC. Also Lamb holding on before linking with the latter team which I didn't expect. DC as a team did change a bit. Lavelle and Nezuko went out, but Kowalski and Lamb brought in. Also the team might run with a 5/4 lineup unless some of lower TPE defs is going to change positions. Not gonna be surprised if this will be Kitson. One of the bigger moves this offseason so far was Lavelle to Moscow. For some reason I was expecting this as RC was being pretty active in Moscow gen chat. So I figured he would be interested to play for Spartan one day. Also, Moscow becoming another team with a 6/3 lineup. Yay for AK? By the way, the cap is forcing teams to sacrifice defensive depth which is certainly being a trend for a moment now. Thank you Warsaw.

Alright, that's enough. More content next week!

That's it and I'm out.

2 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

and the cap is going down to 40

I'm fairly sure we're not dropping the cap back down to 42, or at least I'd like to keep it at 42 while we continue to work on salary bracket/tier changes. 

I also don't really think it's much of a cap crunch, it'd be pretty ridiculous if Moscow had all the current players we do now and could still afford another defenseman. If teams want to load up on elite players, obviously they won't have cap room to sign additional FA's. Also in terms of Fong and Rory being on the outside looking in, I wonder how much of that is due to competitive teams just generally preferring not to be finishing their roster in FA. A couple other GMs I chat with have said they prefer to have their roster set before FA, which I usually do as well. I just made an exception this go-around since @Arce was a FA and I felt like we had a good chance of bringing him to Moscow since he clearly spends a lot of time in the LR already. 

Another part is also what the middling teams are doing. LA had to dump so much cap simply because they had so many players signed to multi-year deals. Seattle does have the cap space for another 5.5 player, but DeGroot just walked from there for some reason. Grass isn't always greener I guess. London was mostly homegrown with some talent brought in via trade last offseason. New York just added a 5.5 player via trade, Malmo added a 5 player via trade, D.C. added a 5.5 via a rights trade. Some teams are definitely looking, but apparently in different places and at different players. Not every team can be a competitor, some stars have to play for rebuilders/average teams too. That's the risk as a player with going to FA.

12 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Seattle does have the cap space for another 5.5 player,

no they dont. they have 4.5 with an immediate call up coming up from an upcoming draft. 

I'm one of managers who mainly does deals before FA so yeah I see most of colleagues prefer safety. I feel like both NY and Vancouver are gonna play their part in free agency though they need to do a tough task before that - cap dump without being fleeced a lot. 

The next offseason gonna be a bloodbath lmao.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

no they dont. they have 4.5 with an immediate call up coming up from an upcoming draft. 

I'm one of managers who mainly does deals before FA so yeah I see most of colleagues prefer safety. I feel like both NY and Vancouver are gonna play their part in free agency though they need to do a tough task before that - cap dump without being fleeced a lot. 

The next offseason gonna be a bloodbath lmao.

4.5 yeah sorry, but it also seems like they weren't able to move any cap at all other than Blake. 

Next offseason will be interesting, will have to see how new regression hits the league. 5.5 folks will largely stay the same in cost, but a lot of folks underneath may move down a tier. 

10 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Next offseason will be interesting, will have to see how new regression hits the league. 5.5 folks will largely stay the same in cost, but a lot of folks underneath may move down a tier.

Uh huh and more clickers getting in