Claimed:Roidberg leading the way.

Jala

Nathan-MacKinnon-Getty-640x429.jpg

Zoidberg splitting both defenders on route to scoring one of his many impressive goals.

After 25 games through in the VHLM season we check up on Sachimo Zoidberg's progress so far.

Calling it progress would be an understatement as Zoidberg has been on a tear this season, as he's amassed a whopping 43 goals and 19 assists in those 25 games. That puts him in the lead in goals and points so far this season. He warned us to watch out for his shot as he was working on it to make it as deadly as possible, and we did just that. In fact we've watched it 221 times to date and it's struck twine 43 times out of those 221 for an impressive shooting rate of 19.46%.

While his assists totals are fairly low Zoidberg isn't in a tight spot to look for teammates as his center, Oskars Harumpf, is right on his heels in the point department and is leading the VHLM with a staggering 44 helpers so far. It's widely known Zoidberg had a lot of respect for Harumpf and his entrance into the VHLM and that seems to have translated into great chemistry as the duo are having career years and helping lead Bratislava to second in the European Conference with a slim 3 point lead over Bern.

On the defensive side of things Zoidberg has been quite the gentleman on the ice amassing a miniscule 4 PIMs so far this season. His league leading +37 is a testament to his ability to play a 200 foot game, but is mostly due to his impressive offensive abilities. While he's not a leader in the hits column he has put up a respectable 46 which puts him sixth on the Watchmen. His one weakness is his willingness to throw himself in front of shots as he only has 10 blocked shots, but as a scoring winger most would be willing to forgive that shortcoming.

We sat down with Zoidberg and asked him about his season and he had this to say.

"It's been quite the ride so far. While I could've stayed up with the Toronto Legion, I was only able to play for half a season in the VHLM and I wanted to experience a full season. I wanted to ride the buses, see some new faces come into the league and obviously try and win the championship. I got picked up by the Watchmen second overall in the dispersal, which was a huge feather in my cap. It's been a lot of fun working with my new teammates to form a cohesive unit that is going to put in a great run to the cup, and I think we're getting there. Oskars and I have been getting on great and we're roommates on our road trips, so that gives us more time to get to know each other better and we're becoming great friends.

Not only is Oskars my roommate, but he's my linemate and one of the biggest reasons I've done so well this season. The little guy has some great hands and even better vision. Oskars' ability to thread a needle with a pass that is literally an eighth of an inch shy of being physically impossible that lands flat on my stick for an easy tap in is an amazing gift for a center to have and I'm so lucky he's my center. We're both having great years and I can confidently say that will continue, and I think we can help be the backbone that takes the Watchmen to the championship.

I have to head off now, but thanks for taking time to talk to me and for sharing with everyone how my career has been going. Can't wait to talk to you soon, and to all my fans I'd like to say thanks for coming to our games and cheering us on. Go Watchmen!

All in all he's had a very successful first full season in the VHLM and he hopes the trend continues as the season progresses. Stay tuned as we keep you updated on all the details as the year gets longer.

Edited by jaladolar

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3

Apologies for the late grade. Zoidberg has certainly been on a tear so far this season, but, I think he will fall to the mighty Oslo Storm in due time. Go Storm!

Grammar: 2/2

assists totals = assist totals 

Appearance: 1/1

Looks good.

Overall: 6/6