My VHFL team is disappointing me

scoop

At the conclusion of the VHFL Group 17 draft, I was feeling good about the team I had drafted. To start things off, I selected Vasile Lamb and Bo Johansson with the 6 and 7 picks. Lamb is a player who is obviously going to put up a ton of hits, having 78 checking while all of his forward teammates have 40, but also he is one of two forwards on the Dragons who I saw with the potential to have a big offensive season. Thus far, Lamb has not disappointed, with 11 goals and 76 hits. Lamb has been the shining light of my team. Johansson has been a let down due to Chicago's inability to score goals. I knew BoJo wouldn't be scoring many himself, but I thought he could put up big enough assist numbers again (though looking at Chicago's roster, I don't know why I would have thought that). I was close to picking AirRig GoodBrandSun with this pick, who thus far has only been slightly better, and went completely undrafted in my group.

With the 12/13 picks, I took Nezuko and Hari Singh Nalwa. Similar to my line of thinking with Lamb, I liked Nezuko's potential because he is bound to get a good number of hits, so if the scoring lags a bit, I can still count on for something. Nezuko has been fairly average this season, as Vancouver is unfortunately looking like a team that won't have standout players when it comes to scoring, but rather a balanced lineup. When I was able to get Hari Singh Nalwa, I thought I was getting a huge steal. Looking at the rest of the London roster, I could see a lot of shots blocked and a decent hit total on the way. Where I have been really disappointed is the goals total. 58 shots on goal is good for a defensemen, but just three goals on that many shots is not. I was expecting a 25-30 goal season, and right now, he is on pace for 15.

In my final two, I needed a goalie and one more forward. Somehow The Board Game Clue On Skates was still available. Last season, I made the mistake of picking Clue early on. This time around, I was pleased to get them with the first pick of the final round, but they just continue to perform far worse than I really think they should. Clue has just six goals despite 90+ scoring, skating, and puck handling. As I typically do with forwards, I look for players who should get around 2 hits per game, and Clue is at least giving me that. In terms of attributes, I don't think there is a player who stands above the rest of their team more than Clue does (given that Johansson isn't going to be taking scoring chances away from Clue). For my goalie I took Oskar Lindbergh because I thought Calgary looked like one of the best teams and Lindbergh was a good enough goalie.

Edited by scoop