Seattle Fans Call for Bogatyrev to be Traded

Bojovnik

MOSCOW, February 6, 2023 (Shaiba.ru) – A vocal minority of Seattle Bears fans took to social media over the weekend calling on the team’s management to trade away draft bust Yaroslav Bogatyrev. The Russian forward has shown little to no progression in his sophomore season, and many of the team’s faithful are growing frustrated with his ability to put points on the board.

The second overall pick in the S86 VHL Draft, many predicted that Bogatyrev would go on to have a glittering VHL career. He was one of only two players to skip their full season in the VHLM, to go straight into the VHLE and then, in his draft plus one season, to the major leagues.

It was likely that Bogatyrev was going to struggle in his rookie season in the VHL. It’s a rarity for a VHLM skippee to really make their mark straight after being drafted. Saying that, Bogatyrev mustered only 31 points in his rookie season, a marker of 0.43 points per game.

Fast forward one season. Bogatyrev went to the press throughout his offseason in Russia speaking proudly about the work that he did as other teams were battling for the Continental Cup. Note, the Bears were swept out of the wild card round by the eventual champions, Vancouver Wolves, and the Bears currently find themselves in fourth place in the North America conference following a 13-9-2 start. Bogatyrev has improved his scoring statistics slightly, but he is still only at 0.58 points per game through 24 contests.

“I’m fucking sick of seeing Bogatyrev skating around in circles not knowing what he’s doing. When are we going to trade this bum and cut out losses?” one fan wrote on Twitter following the Bears’ weekend loss to the Vancouver Wolves.

“I thought Boga was meant to be the GOAT. This guy can’t shoot, can’t pass. Who tf are our scouts for getting this clown,” another wrote.

Bogatyrev has, on more than one occasion, voiced his frustrations about how his career has panned out to date. The Russian forward was sent out on microphone duty following the weekend’s games, and rued another loss that puts further separation between Seattle and the conference leaders.

“We’re making changes, doing all what we can to try and change it up and do something different. We’re just majorly struggling with our consistency right now. We can’t seem to string a run of wins together, and it’s one win, one loss or two wins, two losses. There’s still hope on the team, among the guys, that we can turn this form around and go on a run. I think we’re playing better offensive hockey than we did last year, but the problem is that our defense isn’t doing what it was able to do last season. It’s a tough run, it’s a tough run for me especially. I want to be better for the team, but something still isn’t clicking, and it’s on me to work this out,” Bogatyrev said from the locker room.