On Fire

Subject056

I like it--and you have a lot of good stuff going on that you should definitely keep up as you improve.

-The stock images in the background are working well. If you layer some of that sort of thing over parts of your render (picture of the player), that will help it blend in with your background and also contribute somewhat to...

-...lighting on your render. You might notice that the player sticks out quite a bit and doesn't look naturally "illuminated" by the rest of the picture--the reds are a noticeably different shade than the background, and there are some parts (like the white stripes on the jersey, or the cage of the helmet) that draw some focus for being the brightest parts when we should be primarily drawn to things like the player's face or the text. Using things like large, soft brushes set to Soft Light on various shades of white/black/gray (at reduced opacity) will help, and so will the above tip on integrating layers of stock images in front of and behind the render.

Awesome job though, and far better than my second graphic! Keep it up.

I like how clean the render is!  A lot of people throw layers and layers of grunge and lighting effects all over including harsh level changes to their player render which really muddies everything.  This shows you are putting in the work on a solid base before figuring out what your style is.  Remember to get ideas and techniques from others work but don't work to achieve something you see all the time.

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

I like it--and you have a lot of good stuff going on that you should definitely keep up as you improve.

-The stock images in the background are working well. If you layer some of that sort of thing over parts of your render (picture of the player), that will help it blend in with your background and also contribute somewhat to...

-...lighting on your render. You might notice that the player sticks out quite a bit and doesn't look naturally "illuminated" by the rest of the picture--the reds are a noticeably different shade than the background, and there are some parts (like the white stripes on the jersey, or the cage of the helmet) that draw some focus for being the brightest parts when we should be primarily drawn to things like the player's face or the text. Using things like large, soft brushes set to Soft Light on various shades of white/black/gray (at reduced opacity) will help, and so will the above tip on integrating layers of stock images in front of and behind the render.

Awesome job though, and far better than my second graphic! Keep it up.

Thank you for the feedback!

1 hour ago, Frank said:

I just noticed I left a silly react on this. I really meant to leave a fire react! @Subject056 

The jersey swap is on point and the fire theme is well executed.

Haha no problem on the react, thank you!

54 minutes ago, Triller said:

I like how clean the render is!  A lot of people throw layers and layers of grunge and lighting effects all over including harsh level changes to their player render which really muddies everything.  This shows you are putting in the work on a solid base before figuring out what your style is.  Remember to get ideas and techniques from others work but don't work to achieve something you see all the time.

Thank you for the feedback!