Bana Blabs #60

Banackock

Bana Blabs #60

Hello, VHL. It is officially less than a week away before I leave for Australia and I am having quite the rollercoaster of emotions. I'm excited and I'm sure it'll go fine, but I'm also nervous and all of that too. It's a pretty significant, crazy change. Either way, I can't wait to see all the beauty down under. Feb 26 at 1430 MTN we leave! For the VHL side of things, lots has been going on in the league. Trade deadline and theme week were here - one of the best time of the season. With these two things, lots to blab about. LETS GO!

• My player, Mikhail Kovalchuk, made it through deadline day and remains with London. The United have had a strong season and are one of 6 teams within a bubble to try and make playoffs in the Euro division. So far, Kovalchuk is 3rd on the team for points, with 6 goals and 48 assists through 52 games played. His best season so far!
  • The Seattle Bears made a big trade for Tavish DeGroot @rory during the Trade Deadline days. It was a trade in the works and took a little bit of time. There was a few partners other than Riga before swooped in and made things way easier. Seattle essentially sent Florida Man to Davos for a S88 1st which Seattle then shipped off for Tavish DeGroot. 

"Tavish was a huge part to the team before we parted ways in the off-season. It wasn't an easy move for either side. I think both were committed to making things work. The money just wasn't there. They're a huge part to the game was play, the locker room and even the leadership of the team. I think they're going to make a huge impact for us!"

• Vasile Lamb @dlamb is NOW a Seattle Bear. How crazy is that? Even with their first player I was a massive fan and I think made an attempt or two at acquiring them. This go around, the Lamb agency has brought us Vasile and the moment I heard there was even an off chance they were available, we immediately reached out notifying DCD we had the winning deal. DCD just had to figure some things out, but once they did, it worked out for everyone.

"I cannot even start to think of how I can explain how excited I am to have this deal happen for Seattle today. We were struggling a bit after a hot start to our season. Things were tight throughout the VHL for rosters and money, so moves weren't looking like they were going to happen. I've always respected and been a fan of the Lamb agency, so the moment some word got around they might be being shopped, we jumped into action. They're a very, very good player. The points, goals and shot totals they have this year is exactly what Seattle's plan of attack was. We had an overabundance of quality D. We need some firepower upfront. We ship out Florida Man (W) who was a  bit older for a price we can use to grab Tavish DeGroot. Tavish swaps from D to W. Then we acquire Vasile Lamb for Deron Nesbitt (FA at seasons end, likely to test) and a pick in a draft that is, at the moment, forecasting to be a little weaker. It was a good trade for both ways. Seattle is VERY happy with this move. I'm very excited to work for and with Vasile"

589 words