Recruiting - Easy for some, not so for others!

Thunder

Here we go again, Thunder rambling with words.  I already rambled on anchor and finished a mini podcast so now its time for the media spot.  Trying to come up with a topic to maximize the TPE each week has become a pain in the ass.  Just saying.  This is going to be a discussion on recruitment since there is a push for recruitment and TPE will be offered for recruiting someone.  Here goes…

First off, I was recruited by @Scurvy, and have to say I’m glad I joined VHL and continue to enjoy the league.  Scurvy recently recruited @ScottyP, who’s player is Rip Wheeler.  Given the success of Jake Thunder and the potential for Jimmy Hurdstrom, oops I mean Rip Wheeler, I’d say that Scurvy has a pretty good track record for recruiting.  Well… I forgot about Easy Money.  You kind of screwed up there didnt you Scurvy?  And you’d think he would have done better than he did, considering he’s not doing anything else.  Too bad Conman didn’t have time getting into the league, but then all his media spots would be, “Hey, F U.”  Although he would have probably been able to convince Ned to join the league.  So Scurvy doesn’t have 100% success rate, but that doesn’t mean he should stop trying.  Now comes a test for him, can he convince others to join the VHL?  I’m counting on you Scurvy.  Have you hit up Wrench yet?

As far as me recruiting, well that ship has sailed.  I spent a weekend at Harrison Hot Springs endorsing the VHL and got nowhere.  And then I located a couple of potential gamers in Sandspit but struck out there.  Not giving up yet, I approached a few hockey lovers in Sitka, getting a nibble, but no bites.  And finally, while in Mexico recently I met somebody from north of Toronto and thought I had them, only to be shot down.  Apparently everyone I talk to about VHL has a fear of the VHL and doing media spots and other earnings of TPE.  I can’t blame them as that was what delayed me a couple months in finally pulling the plug and getting into the league.  Once joining, well I have to say its great looking forward to game results every day.  And look, it only took fourteen months for one of my nuts to drop and be able to do a podcast.  Who knows, maybe in six months, my podcasts will be worth listening to.

So where are all these new recruits coming from?  My guess is from other forums and gaming sites that I have no clue about.  But that doesn’t matter.  The point is to bring in recruits.  I hope that those people with better recruiting skills than myself are able to continue to bring in new players to the league.  This league is worth it and is quite enjoyable, even if you have to do homework to earn your TPE.

There is still one more chance for Thunder to recruit.  I have a trip coming up to the east coast and I know of two possible hockey buffs willing to take the task on joining the VHL.  It’s quite likely I will be writing about the adventure while I’m there to get my TPE for the week.  Wish me luck!

556 words

I failed with Emoney for sure.  Which is weird as he has more time on his hands than all of us.  I've tried Wrench but he seems meh about it.  Not much of a hockey fan I think.  I am always pimping the league and how much fun it is so I will keep on it.  I need to hop on NHL23 EASHL and start pimping the league in there maybe.