a tale of two Brothers // an announcement

Daniel Janser

Bild

Graphic courtesy of Leandrofg

(Marcel's stats/Daniel's stats)

The Wranglers have played another ten games since we last reported and sit at second seed in the NA conference with the Playoffs already secured (unless we miscalculated). While the team is doing ok, Daniel has had something of a cold streak with only seven points in the last ten games and lost the lead in points to Marner. As a comparison his younger brother, who is anything but a prolific scorer, has also scored seven points in the same time span. This slump is highly unusual for the Swiss Center as in the past, he was clutch towards the end of the season and was able to catch up to his peers in the scoring race. Jean-Luc Lieuxperroux was able to speak to the Calgary Captain to fathom what the cause may be for this lack of form.

JLL: 'Hi Daniel. First off, congratulations to a yet again fantastic season for the Wranglers.'

DJ: 'Salut Jean-Luc. Thanks, much appreciated. The team put a lot of effort to get these results and especially our back up Karl Pedersen has had an amazing season so far.'

JLL: 'Fans and pundits alike wonder what the reason for the atypical 'slump' in your production is.'

DJ: 'We had a few low scoring games recently and were goalied a couple of times. Also, we need to be realistic: I think I reached peak last season and there is constantly new talent pushing forward into the limelight, and rightfully so. I mean alone in our organisation we have Gonçalves and Wolanin who are ripe to take over the torch from me. And from a leadership point of view, we have never had any shortage of same since I joined the franchise.'

JLL: 'Are you saying that you are now scrap iron as they say in the old country?'

DJ (laughs): 'I hope it is not that bad, but yeah I am in the autumn of my career and had two amazing seasons offensively with a lot of silverware in S85/S86 and even helped Team Europe to win a World Cup after a very long draught. As long as the Wranglers are winning, I have no issues not getting anymore Trophies to my collection, with the exception of the Continental Cup, of course.'

JLL: 'People have also noticed a decline on your physical game. Do you wish to make a comment on that respect?'

DJ: 'I wish I could say, that I wizened up. But the truth of the matter is that Bonnie and I are expecting our first child, and I was asked to be more careful with putting my health at risk. I try to comply with that very reasonable request without giving up too much of my gritty play.'

JLL: 'Wow, that is great news indeed. Congratulations to the two of you and all the best for the mother-to-be from our side. Could that also be one of the reasons that you appear to not be as laser-focused when it comes to scoring, what do you think?'

DJ (reflects): 'You know, it certainly is a possibility. Of course I do not want to put the blame on our child at all. However, becoming a parent takes up a lot of mental energy, at least in my case. Energy, which sofar was solely put on the ice. So, yes I think you could say that it has a ripple effect on my play, even if it is subconsciously.'

JLL: Okay, Daniel that is it from my side. And again, congratulations on your new adventure of becoming a dad. Please pass on my regards to Bonnie, will you?'

DJ: 'Of course. Thanks and take care.'

And on that bombshell we present the Brothers' stats for the running campaign:

Marcel: 65gp, 6g, 33a, 39pts, +21, 74 PIM, 92 hits, 117sb, 2gwg, 3ppg

Daniel: 65gp, 42g, 52a, 94pts, +26, 99 PIM, 155 hits, 28sb, 6gwg, 7ppg, 2shg, 59.80FO%, 6 First Star nominations.

https://vhlforum.com/topic/132733-a-tale-of-two-brothers-change-of-pace/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/132890-vsn-presents-the-draft-that-built-the-future-a-calgary-wranglers-story/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/132924-a-tale-of-two-brothers-almost-a-third-done/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/133423-a-tale-of-two-brothers-back-where-we-belong/

Edited by Daniel Janser

Article Review, as always the Janser Brothers' article is well written and entertaining.  We continue to get a glimpse into the life of Daniel and his highs and lows on the ice.  The added details about off ice life add depth to the player and the overall storyline.  Keep up the great work in writing these articles .  I give this article a 9/10, looking forward to reading the next article.