Spin that Wheel: Mini Biography - Edition 1

Advantage

Spin That Wheel: Mini Biography - Edition 1

h8sPrLg.jpg

Good evening everyone, I was thinking about what I wanted to write about this week for my VHL.com Article (Fan590 4 Life), and randomly I came up with an idea while eating a slightly mediocre dish of pasta.  The idea is to spin a couple of wheels in order to determine a player that I was to profile.  The first wheel has every draft class from S60 to S80 represented along with 4 other "Hall of Famer" spots where instead of honing in on a specific draft class, we pick a random Hall of Fame player to do a piece on.  I felt like keeping it in portal era outside of the Hall of Fame spots was an easy way to give me ample resources to read on each possible selection.  On the second wheel would be every pick from the picked draft class or each Hall of Famer, so sometimes the option could have nothing but VHLM or VHLE experience to talk about and sometimes they may be one of the greatest players of all-time.  With that being said, lets get to the first person we will be  profiling (which if you read the title, you already know).

The first wheel I spun took us to the Season 74 draft class, which has numerous elite options to get the chance to talk about and a total of 68 potential players.  The second wheel would end up with us landing the 16th overall pick, which happens to be.....C - Isabella Campbell (1203 TPE).  This could have gone a lot of ways, but I am incredibly happy to get someone to look at who had a good but not extraordinary career because that is truly what made me excited about this article idea.

Isabella Campbell is part of the incredibly decorated and Hall of Fame agency of Banackock.  She had one really good year with Houston before heading off and playing for the Seattle Bears.  Campbell's first few seasons saw small improvements year-to-year until Season 77 where she would really take off.  Campbell had 45 goals and 88 points in the regular season and a ridiculous 22 points in 15 games during the playoffs, on route to a Continental Cup victory for the Seattle Bears.  She would follow that up with two consecutive 90+ point seasons and then two more point-per-games ones, as a member of the Davos Dynamo, to finish off an exceptional career. 

In total, Campbell tallied 274 goals and 569 points over an illustrious 576 game career.  While the early half of her career involved her playing a bit more of a one-dimensional game, Isabella would develop into a very physical forward as her career went on, adding an extra element to her already talented skillset.  While ultimately she falls into the Hall of Very Good, a really underrated element of Campbell's resume is her performances in the playoffs and internationally.  As a member of team USA and team World, Campbell was able to perform in three World Cups and two World Junior Hockey Championships.  In total, Campbell had 22 goals and 53 points in 53 international games, often in a pretty significant role with whoever they were representing.  As far as her VHL playoff achievements, Campbell went to the playoffs every single season of their career, playing a total of 77 games.  With 32 goals and 55 assists (for 87 points)  in those 77 games, it is safe to say that she was willing and able to absolutely dominate the best of her competition during the prime years of her career.  

Ultimately a talented goal scorer that could handle the puck had high speeds while playing solid two-way hockey, Campbell may not have won a ton of individual awards to stand out from the pack, but instead they let their consistent playoff and international success mixed with five point-per-game seasons do all the talking.

TAG: @Banackock

Spin That Wheel - 1.jpg

Spin That Wheel - 1.2.jpg