Thunder’s Word Salad

Thunder

If this word salad ends out appearing like an act of desperation, then it probably is, considering I’m scrambling to get my TPE done by the deadline and have been having brain farts all week.  I think the VHL should give some leeway once in a while and give me TPE points for just thinking about what I’m going to say on a podcast, or write in an article.  I’m pretty sure my scrambling brain came up with over 500 words and 15 minutes of thoughts of the VHL this week.  And if the updaters need a verification to give me the points, they could easily check with @Scurvy, who knows my TBI sometimes causes me to spew out nonsense.  Of course, speaking of @scurvy, who’s he going to be recruiting next for his TPE bonuses?

Let’s start with his recruiting history.  Over a year ago, he convinced a hockey enthusiast to join the league, easymoney.  The only problem with easymoney is that being Scurvy’s whiteclaw buddy, his brain cells couldnt keep up with the demands of the requirements of the VHL, and after three seasons, easymoney was gone.

It didn’t take too much for Scurvy to convince Thunder to join the league, as every day he would comment on his progress and whether he got in a fight, how many PIMS he got, etc…. Scurvy made it sound easy on how to get TPE each week and how to navigate through the forum.  I have to say there was a learning curve but after some help from experienced VHLers like @Spartan , and @Shindigs, Thunder progressed steadily; that is until this week.

Usually, by Monday, Tuesday at the latest, all my TPE is submitted for the week.  But having a brain fart has delayed the TPE production this week.  And to top it off, being out of state last week during the peak of the playoffs, I only managed to check on the game results each night, spent very limited time on discord, and because of Davos’ success, I don’t want to disrupt the mojo and get on discord in the team lockerroom and respond.  So instead of enjoying the success I have gone silent, focusing only on Davos winning the championship.  And being down three to one, we got a lot of work to do.

OK, back to Scurvy’s recruiting…. His third recruitment turned out to be a success.  @ScottyP has stepped up and is getting things done.  He’s adapted to the stringent requirements of the league and adds a few TPE points to his player every week.  He seems to be enjoying the league and is going to have some fun.  Now, unlike Scurvy who is quick witted and possessed with the ability to come up with topics for his TPE, Scottyp will be struggling his entire VHL career due to excessive amounts of Maker’s Mark destroying his brain cells.  Scurvy will be spending a lot of his time reminding Scottyp to do his TPE requirements!  Just remember Scottyp, you can donate $15 and pick up some much needed TPE!!

Now, that leads me to who is Scurvy’s next recruit?  After a discussion with Scurvy a month or so ago, I think he has exhausted the list of people he knows, and may have to reach out to someone from his Curves classes, or bridge club.  He could always ask the Whiteclaw distributor.  Until then, I think Scurvy’s going to rely on Thunder and Scotty P.  You do you Scotty P!

585 words