Red Fur - Veil of Maya

Spartan

I realized that I haven't put out any content in a hot minute, and I admit part of it can be attributed to some burnout and also to laziness from all the job pay. I did see some folks around the league discussing how stale the offseason can be, and I considered myself fortunate that for the next couple weeks, I will be plenty engaged within the VHL. I thought I'd maybe share a bit of what I'm looking forward to as well as a bit of my thought process as I go into the offseason as a VHL GM and VHLM Commissioner.

We're currently figuring out the date for the VHL draft, which should hopefully be no later than 8 days from today. The draft is quite intriguing, and Moscow has landed the 10th overall pick. Similar to prior classes, the top of the class (top 8-ish) seems to be purely recreates with some pedigree, as well as a couple affiliate auto-12's sprinkled in. Below that top 8 are a lot of first-gens who will need to prove themselves over the next week through the scouting process. I'm honestly looking forward to chatting with folks like @Subject056, @ScottyP and @Sawyer13 since I think those three will likely be the largest risers this week. I don't think there's any point in being coy about it, but high potential first-gens are rare and each of these three have shown a lot of potential recently. Moscow will likely stick with the BPA approach rather than reaching for need, but I wouldn't be surprised if our first also got traded away to remain in a perpetual state of contending. 

From an M perspective, we're fortunate to have already finalized our hires instead of having to wait until midweek to figure out who will get poached from us and who we'll bring in to replace them. We'll start up a draft poll pretty soon, and then I expect the GM's to begin their THOROUGH scouting and interview process. I don't think there'll be much news on the portal development front due to Dil stepping down from his roles, which might mean that Gus and I revisit some old discussions on rules that we tabled in order to focus on some large scale changes like portal waivers. We're always open to suggestions from the community though, and would love to get feedback from VHLM players on how their season went, what they enjoyed and what they would like to see improved.

That's really all for now, I'm looking forward to getting some scouting done and maybe some trades as well. Moscow could run back the exact same roster as last season after these cap changes, but that wouldn't be very fun (or help me get another GMotY). I'll probably force some changes and they'll bite me in the ass next season. Place your bets!