MAYA - Babymetal

Spartan

It is officially draft day! One of my personal favorites of each season, with the other one being the first day of sims. Moscow has the 10th pick of the draft and I think we'll get a quality player there regardless of how the picks before us go. I'm fairly happy with all the possible options there at 10. I always think I'm fully prepared for our selection, but something wacky always happens to change it up. We'll see what happens tonight.

Nico has officially been signed and traded to Prague, making this his 4th team in 7 seasons - the other three being MOS, HSK and VAN. My last player, Alex Letang, played for 3 teams - MOS, DC, LAS. 6 unique teams on 2 players, I'm certainly getting around the league. Perhaps @Beketov and @OrbitingDeath  need to worry less about each other and maybe about me instead. They're staying loyal to teams these days while my players get passed around like a....bop-it.

We also finally dropped a new punishment type (at least in my time) for rule-breaking GMs. Usually we've stripped draft picks or fired GMs outright, but this time we punished the GM specifically without screwing their earning with a TPE ban. In some instances, we find ourselves in positions where our GMs do a generally good job - they just fuck up in an area that doesn't merit their earning being affected or their job at risk, although that is debatable based on the infraction. Stripping GM pay is not a novel idea. I've seen it in action frequently in the money leagues. However, it does show that there will be personal consequences for early/moderate level infractions that doesn't screw over a GM's team or lead to the user getting forced out of the league. 

Edited by Spartan

One thing I did always hate about the "stripping draft picks" idea was, sure it's punishing the GM who wants to run a good team, but it also punishes the players who are on the team with not getting more players. Glad you went this route, as AJ has been a stellar GM and built a great community in Houston, he's just a dummy.

1 minute ago, jacobcarson877 said:

One thing I did always hate about the "stripping draft picks" idea was, sure it's punishing the GM who wants to run a good team, but it also punishes the players who are on the team with not getting more players. Glad you went this route, as AJ has been a stellar GM and built a great community in Houston, he's just a dummy.

Yeah especially with our desire to ensure teams replenish every season regardless of how they perform the prior season and what happens with their GM, we did not want to remove draft picks. We feel like it's more impactful to first strip pay with a warning that this is us being nice. Further infractions will lead to much more severe consequences than just some TPE that can be alternatively earned.

10 hours ago, Spartan said:

It is officially draft day! One of my personal favorites of each season, with the other one being the first day of sims. Moscow has the 10th pick of the draft and I think we'll get a quality player there regardless of how the picks before us go. I'm fairly happy with all the possible options there at 10. I always think I'm fully prepared for our selection, but something wacky always happens to change it up. We'll see what happens tonight.

Nico has officially been signed and traded to Prague, making this his 4th team in 7 seasons - the other three being MOS, HSK and VAN. My last player, Alex Letang, played for 3 teams - MOS, DC, LAS. 6 unique teams on 2 players, I'm certainly getting around the league. Perhaps @Beketov and @OrbitingDeath  need to worry less about each other and maybe about me instead. They're staying loyal to teams these days while my players get passed around like a....bop-it.

We also finally dropped a new punishment type (at least in my time) for rule-breaking GMs. Usually we've stripped draft picks or fired GMs outright, but this time we punished the GM specifically without screwing their earning with a TPE ban. In some instances, we find ourselves in positions where our GMs do a generally good job - they just fuck up in an area that doesn't merit their earning being affected or their job at risk, although that is debatable based on the infraction. Stripping GM pay is not a novel idea. I've seen it in action frequently in the money leagues. However, it does show that there will be personal consequences for early/moderate level infractions that doesn't screw over a GM's team or lead to the user getting forced out of the league. 

I dont know how many more times I need to mention it. I am not trying actively to be on the most teams, that was always Beketov's thing haha

I just wanted to win a cup with every team before we double expanded and I just stopped caring about it and play for a team now that I already won with :P

• Commissioner
23 hours ago, Spartan said:

Perhaps @Beketov and @OrbitingDeath  need to worry less about each other and maybe about me instead.

Seems unlikely. Assuming now that I do indeed play at least a game for DC (which I don't see why I wouldn't) then I'm only missing Vancouver, Prague, Chicago, LA, and Warsaw. You've got a way to go before you hit my level of teams played for.

13 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

I dont know how many more times I need to mention it. I am not trying actively to be on the most teams, that was always Beketov's thing haha

I just wanted to win a cup with every team before we double expanded and I just stopped caring about it and play for a team now that I already won with :P

You know you care, stop trying to tell yourself otherwise :P

11 hours ago, Beketov said:

Seems unlikely. Assuming now that I do indeed play at least a game for DC (which I don't see why I wouldn't) then I'm only missing Vancouver, Prague, Chicago, LA, and Warsaw. You've got a way to go before you hit my level of teams played for.

You know you care, stop trying to tell yourself otherwise :P

If I cared, I would walk away from Riga first chance. So lets see what happens when my contract expires to show for it ;)

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

If I cared, I would walk away from Riga first chance. So lets see what happens when my contract expires to show for it ;)

I mean even I don't care THAT much, I stayed with Moscow my whole career after all. It's kinda just like a side quest.