The All-Time TPE Lead: 2K to Today

The All-Time TPE Lead (or, I've Spent Way Too Much Time Here)

If you look in the Portal right now, you will see Xavier Booberry sitting at 1996 TPE. This VHL.com articles is worth 2 points. I also purchased an Uncapped TPE Package for this season that gives me a +2 for five VHL.com articles. That means, by the end of this article, I'll be at exactly 2000 TPE - or in other words, tied for the all-time TPE lead.

This wasn't my plan at all, if I'm being honest. One of the very first things I did after creating Xavier Booberry was laying out my plan for his potential career. Really, I just wanted to experience what the VHLE and a nine season career would seem like, and let the chips fall where they may from there. But I did plan on trying to be active long-term after my previous player was more welfare-oriented, and for me, earning a lot of TPE goes along with that. I wrote at the time: "I’ve recharged enough to try and shoot for the stars, and I believe the ability to go nine seasons in his career will give me the drive to shoot for high TPE levels, especially early, to be able to wait out that long career. Constant 12’s per week will be the goal here, along with donations in the early stages."

Maybe I didn't math is out or maybe I didn't think about it that much, but I've learned - just max earning is a lot of TPE. I've started dropping a few points due to 5 point welfares over the past month or so, but at least through S86, I'm pretty sure I had only missed 3 capped points in 7 seasons total (1 when I forgot to claim a Trivia, 2 when I was in England). I also had participated in every donation, fantasy zone and free giveaway I could, plus added a few points with store purchases. But I really didn't see it as a big lift, just trying to optimize what I could do. What I've learned, though, is constant vigilance really adds up.

So I guess I'm going to sit with the all-time TPE lead, at least for a bit. I'm not going to lie, it's kind of a fun distinction - particularly because it's something that's 100% within my control, so I can feel like I've accomplished something. I've had the all-time TPE lead once before actually - Gabriel McAllister set the new record when he hit 1613 back in S63, only to see it passed one season later by Mats Johnsson and Norris Stropko a season later.

Perhaps this title will last a bit longer. Maybe Nico Pearce passes it next season. I don't really care either way, honestly. I just think it's cool that I'm passing a nice round number like 2000 for the first time in VHL history, and even if Booberry's career has had its ups and downs, this is something I can point to as a fun feather in my cap for this career.

5 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Big congrats, massive achievement and history making moment! Hope to pass you next season (please retire at the TDL).

Make sure you set that bar high; I'll have my eyes on it.