First 8 VHLM Games - Do they tell us something ? Probably not.

Trazan

The first gr8 games of the VHLM season have come and went. Do they tell us something? 

Gma9A8F.png.2725e8f2fb2ff3051e36bdb08f7bc9c0.png

No, Probably not.

It’s still waaaaay to early in the season to determine if the GM’s should put S88 in the success or failure column, but in this article we will look it over and see what the teams have shown early on. 

Leading the eastern conference:

Halifax 21st

Leading the leaders and a big reason the 21st is at the top is red hot Tullamore Dew.

17 points in 8 games. 45 shots in just as many games, he shoots and he scores, don't question it, It's just what he does.

JhmlGX6.png.de291408a04d79b3c8602e8c358ae58f.png

Will they keep on rockin’?

I personally do not believe so. I’m a traditional kinda guy and I need defense to really trust a team.

And while their offense is glowing their defense lets Boolie Buchholz handle all kinds of rubber. As shown by the team Averaging 32,6 shots 

Second in the eastern conference:

Miami Marauders

This is a team scoring by committee, with 8 players above 7 points this is a team reliant on their chemistry with each other. 

Although lacking depth on the blueline Miami's top pairing D looks efficient on both ends of the ice.

I think they have something special in that pairing of Cameron Carlson and Dalton Canders III. 

663331520_MIABanner.png.9846ddc03b96e20456fbb8ae46988c33.png.b456c06ba6e8376c241b5b3dbcc6f540.png

Maybe, Their powerplay has been abysmal to start off the season.

Just 11%. If they can step up on the man advantage they have a chance to be a good team.

And they need their top pairing to eat a lot of good minutes.

Leading the Western Conference:

Mexico City Kings!

Is this team all about that offense? No, They surely aren't. They are defense oriented as shown by just letting in 2,6 goals against on average.

That may seem a bit high but in a high pace, high scoring league as the VHLM that is certainly good. 

The Boxplay is nothing short of amazing so far 91,2% (!)

only 3 goals allowed on 34 tries against.

1656395330_MCKBanner2.png.7c375d352097a508429c5f18ca0eab0c.png.603e4c2de9c9f4393b9b4f03d5962da0.png

This team I've already penciled in to the top of the Western conference.

With such a strong defense if their falling short of the playoffs it must be seen as a disaster for the Kings.

An average TPA of 94 among their top six defense makes me believe that this will last, Maybe the whole way to the cup.

Second in the west!

San Diego Marlins

Someone somewhere is bound to have said that hockey is the goalies game, And in the case of The marlins that someone is totally right.

Olivier Gauthier leads The VHLM in Save percentage(92,9%) and goals against(2,13).

No small feat among this class where there seems to be a few goalies that could easily go early in the upcoming drafts.

As a team they don’t really stand out, they are not bad on defense nor are they great. Same could be said about their offense.

the real difference maker seems to be Mr.Gauthier.

5GEf2KS.png.80f253480a948e3e0146ce86e4977112.png

A hard maybe, i do believe the playoffs is where the Marlins belong but relying so heavily on the goalie can be their downfall.

If Olivier drops down to more standard VHLM goaltending the Marlins will have a tough time ending the season as the first out of the Western conference.

But he and the rest of the Marlins have to totally implode for them to totally miss out on the playoffs. 

So after 8 games, Does it tell us something? 

I think so.  You can start to see patterns and maybe see who will make it and who will have a tougher time

But there are many games left and a lot can and will change before springtime and playoffs. 

Thank you for reading ladies and gentlemen.

~650 words

Review:

This was a great article. I don't follow the VHLM much but this let me know what is happening in the league in the first 8 games with the top 2 teams in each conference. Well written and graphics are a great touch. Your opinion on how you think they will do going forward was well done as well. For improvement, I can't really say much but maybe color code the different teams so it helps to stand out. Would also be interesting for you to do this halfway through the season and the end of the season to see how your "will they keep rocking" predictions work out ;)

Keep up the great work! 10/10

Edited by Greg_Di

On 4/13/2023 at 4:26 PM, Greg_Di said:

Review:

This was a great article. I don't follow the VHLM much but this let me know what is happening in the league in the first 8 games with the top 2 teams in each conference. Well written and graphics are a great touch. Your opinion on how you think they will do going forward was well done as well. For improvement, I can't really say much but maybe color code the different teams so it helps to stand out. Would also be interesting for you to do this halfway through the season and the end of the season to see how your "will they keep rocking" predictions work out ;)

Keep up the great work! 10/10

Thank you so much :):):)