Then there were 62.

Peace

Toronto, Ontario

Canada

The career of Kyle Peace can be summarized with three short words: Well that sucked.

Three more could be said about this article: Player store purchases...

Peace's first three seasons showcased a young player with major offensive potential, which obviously blossomed alongside then Legion Matty Fire, but his promising start eventually faded into mediocrity as both his motivation and performance took direct hits from multiple angles; the team was plagued by prospect drama that created conflict, stressed senior leadership lead to reduced motivation, and a souring reputation left the player and his player agency 'fed up' with entitlement, disloyalty, ostracism and an increasingly childish exterior mentality.

As the club entered another rebuild phase following a disappointing S84 post season exit, Peace elected to stay with the Legion in pursuit of an accomplishment he - at the time - could have reasonably reached with the roster build around him. His goal was to become the Legions' top goalscoring player, chasing a record held by Zach Parechkin for far too long. It was a reasonable objective that allowed the player agency to request an honorary no-trade agreement between different leaderships, but forty goals in sixty two games is highly unlikely.

The next step is for the Legion could be finally trade Peace to any team interested in his services, but that's now outside his or his player agencies jurisdiction. There is one thing Kyle won't allow that he can rightfully control, and that's letting twenty six million dollars of league money evaporate in just a few short months. The time is now to restore whatever little there is to restore, and the motivation behind it is quite simple: the player agency recently had a player inducted into the VHL's hall of fame, so in an effort to generate some internal pressure on Kyle, the agency has requested a little more effort from their current player.

"The goal is to finish at a point per game," Kyle admitted. "It was kinda defeating watching my games played get higher than my points scored. It's a little selfish, sure, but it's an internal goal and one I'll be open about for the rest of my career. There's no point in hiding my objective to the league, no point in being shy about it either. I'm gone at the end of the season anyway, off to - I dunno - golf or whatever it is other former players do with their time."

Kyle's recent purchase activity suggests that he'll be training for the inevitable:

- Two Free Weeks

- Two PT Double Weeks

- One Full Double Weeks

- Uncapped TPE Package (4 x 5)

The sudden effort won't make a great dent in Peace's ability to play the sport, but the above training regime should produce a moderately improved player directly compared to his current abilities and skill.

He won't be a significantly altered player, frankly that boat has firmly sailed (I tried to buy a TPE reroll) but there is still time to slow the clock. Scouts decreased his overall attribute rating by 174 earlier in the offseason and Kyle has the ability to quickly regain that lost form. What were trying to say is S87 Peace is still there, hiding in plain sight, he just needs a clear the cobwebs and maaaaybe he can finish his career at (or above) a point per game.