I Revisit A Topic I Covered 7 Months Ago And Continue To Look At If The VHLE Leads To More Or Less Players Going Inactive Between 200-400 TPE

MubbleFubbles

Back in this article, I was answering a @Garsh question about whether the implementation of the VHLE had affected the amount of players that got stuck between 200 and 400 TPE. That original article is exactly seven months old today so I figured I would revisit the topic to see how the draft classes that have taken place since that article and the classes that had yet to be given the proper time-frame to reach 400 TPE compare to the pre-VHLE classes.

Once again, the sample size that we will be comparing the drafts that would have potentially experienced the VHLE with the average of the classes of Season 63 through to Season 78. From those classes combined, 253 of the 694 players that surpassed 200 TPE got stuck between 200 and 400 TPE, which is 36.5%. So the lower this percentage is, the higher percentage of players made it over 400 TPE, the current guaranteed standard for making the VHL.

We'll start comparing that 36.5% with the two classes that didn't change their percentages from last time:

Season 79: 31.3% (The one active player between 200-400 TPE at the point of the last article, Matty Live, did not go on to surpass 400 TPE). 

Season 80: 30.6%

From there we will move on to the Season 81 draft class, which at the time of writing the last article, still had 4 actives between 200-400 TPE.

Season 81: 30.9% (Three of the four actives that were between 200-400 TPE at the time of writing the last article have since surpassed 400 TPE, leading to an improvement on the 36.4% mark from the last article)

Now we will finish off with the four draft classes that have followed:

Season 82: 29.9%

Season 83: 32%

Season 84: 20.9% (Still two actives between 200-400 TPE, if they surpass this will improve to 16.3%)

Season 85: 25% (Still two actives between 200-400 TPE, if they surpass this will improve to 19.4%)

So as you can see, every draft class that has taken place since the VHLE's implementation has had less players stuck between 200-400 TPE than the average amount of players stuck between 200-400 TPE before the implementation of the VHLE. In particular, Season 84's 20.9% is the single best class we've had when it comes to getting players to surpass 400 TPE. In total, of the 319 players who surpassed 200 TPE from the Season 79-Season 85 classes combined, only 92 are between 200-400 TPE, which is 28.8%, which is 7.7% better than the conversion rate of the Season 63-78 classes combined. 

In addition, the first gen record of all these classes falls in favour of the classes that took place after the VHLE's implementation. In the Season 63-Season 78 combined classes, 46.4% of First Gens that got over 200 TPE did not go on to surpass 400 TPE, but that number is much better for the Season 79-Season 85 classes combined which has just 40.7% of it's combined first-gens that surpassed 200 TPE not surpassing 400 TPE.

So in short, there isn't any information that suggests that the VHLE is causing players to go inactive and stop earning and, in fact if anything, is continuing to prove it has a place in the VHL ecosystem.