What if the VHL had Trading Cards?

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with an idea that just popped into my head while I was looking at Discord: What If The VHL Had Trading Cards? Basically, this media spot will go over some ideas for a potential VHL trading card series and how I personally think it could work. Now obviously these are nothing more than suggestions however I think that pondering on what could be can be good for us all. I will be going over what each trading card can look like, how users will get packs of them, and how each user will get their player on a card. So without any further ado, let's begin!

So first of all, let's go over how each card will look like. Basically the cards will most likely each be graphics of the players render inside a card. So no these will not be physical cards, nor will they be bought with actual real money (we don't want to bring an NFT issue into here). They will just be renders of the VHL players that we can collect and trade around. Now one thing that might make it easier on the creators of the cards is that I think only players who have played in the VHL and not in the lower leagues should get cards.

There are probably some arguments for getting VHLE or even VHLM cards, however for the purposes of this media it will be VHL only. So with that being said, how would a user be able to attain a pack? Honestly, this is a big tricky part for me, and it can go a number of different ways. I personally believe that a user should be able to get a pack a day for free at the very least, and maybe later down the line find some way to figure out how users can be able to earn extra packs. Someone smarter then me can figure out how a user would earn those extra packs, but regardless one free pack a day I feel is pretty fair in the end. 

Also I believe that each card should have a tier based on how much TPE the player has. However, this can have the unfortunate side effect of putting extra strain on those making the cards so just having each card have a single tier and only adding a new card for a player should be done when a player switches teams. Maybe also eventually having special cards like Hall of Fame or Awards cards can be something cool we can do. Now obviously we would not have anybody male those cards for nothing, so maybe having job pay can be good for those doing it. This does have an unfortunate effect of maybe being too taxing of a job for the reward, but like I said someone smarter than me can figure it out.

While this is not so much of a proposal as it is just thinking of the possibilities, I still hope that you enjoyed the idea that I brought up. This isn't a big task that needs to be done right now, and I understand if we have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Regardless, I hope you enjoyed this and I hope to see you all on the ice!

So obviously the idea is super cool and fun, but it definitely requires A LOT of backend work. We used to make player cards way back when for graphic PTs and that just kinda fell off. The unfortunate reality is that we'd all think it was cool for a week and then completely forget about it. Then Josh would just be extra grumpy he had to work on it lol.

Just now, twists said:

So obviously the idea is super cool and fun, but it definitely requires A LOT of backend work. We used to make player cards way back when for graphic PTs and that just kinda fell off. The unfortunate reality is that we'd all think it was cool for a week and then completely forget about it. Then Josh would just be extra grumpy he had to work on it lol.

Yeah I figured. This was not a serious proposal, more just a nice topic I could use for a 500+ word article 

This is something I want to start doing.  Not the whole trading and packs part but the creating VHL hockey cards for my point tasks.  I want to do like a 4 card reveal with an animation and all that but I feel like I will just be creating a hassle for the updaters when I try to claim each one.  Though I kinda did that with the Custom Stick Showcase so maybe it wouldn't be that bad.  I'd make a gif for each card and have a few different styles to make the collection.  Just need to make some templates which is the hard part lol

It's a good idea, but the work involved to make it happen would be a lot. Making enough cards to make it interesting would take a long time and be quite a bit of work. Then also creating some sort of program to manage all the cards and issue them out randomly would be difficult to create and implement into the site. I did a couple cards for graphic point tasks a while ago and they were pretty fun to make. I'll probably start making them again whenever I do graphic point tasks.

Boris-Tsezar-Card.png

Probert-Card.png