S88 Seattle Bears vs other teams

Bojovnik

I’m desperate to get my theme week doubles, but I lack the imagination and graphic skills to do anything interesting. So, what I’m going to do is look at my player’s current team, the S88 Seattle Bears, and compare them to some of the teams that I’ve played on with Bogatyrev or Jan Hlozek.

Riga Reign S78:

My first season in the VHL was with the S78 Riga Reign. It was a team that was blessed with some top tier talent – the likes of Linus Zetterstrom, Cabe McJake, and Justin Lose. However, after these elite players, the rest of the team fell off. Furthermore, Calvin Harvey was solid if not spectacular between the pipes. In short, the current Bears have better goaltending and more forward depth. Let’s not forget that the current Bears are top of the conference, while the Reign didn’t make it into the playoffs.

Los Angeles Stars S82:

This was a fantastic team. The Stars finished second in the North American Conference, finishing just behind the vaunted meta Vancouver Wolves. For Hlozek, the time in Los Angeles was some of his best, and this was alongside hall of fame defenceman Tui Sova, as well as Dan Dan and Pistil Stamen. In this season, Hlozek registered a career-high 89 points. This was a historic season for Dan Dan, as the forward registered 143 points in a remarkable regular season campaign. In any other season (i.e. if the meta didn’t exist), this Stars side would have been one of the favourites for the Continental Cup. As it turned out, the Wolves continued their dominance. I think this team, based on the depth across the two lines and two defensive pairs was fantastic. I think the Bears would struggle in a one on one game against this team.

Moscow Menace S83:

The Stars’ run in S82 was the last hurrah for a great team. The management changed, and a large number of players left the team, including Jan Hlozek. I ended up signing with the Moscow Menace after I had my free agent rights traded, and it continued the great peak of my career, which I consider to be one of the best second pair defencemen in the history of the VHL. I signed with Moscow not understanding the team’s tradition of failure (i.e. losing in the finals). Nevertheless, the Menace enjoyed a fantastic regular season, running out with a 55-14-3 record. This was a team that had it all, Duncan Idaho, Hard Markinson, the Seabasstard, Sergey Preobrazhensky and Henri le Massif. In net, Papa Emeritus did what he did best and stopped pucks. I think this Menace team, despite not winning the Continental Cup, would give my current Seattle team a real run for their money. That being said, Seattle is a team that knows how to win. Being on this team now, if they were to play Moscow in the playoffs, you’d have to put all your money on them, rather than the Menace.

In short, Hlozek played on some good, if not great teams. Now it’s time to see if that changes with Boga.

Edited by Bojovnik