Claimed:KölnCast: Episode 6 [6/6 FINAL]

AwfulHomesick

and cap shouldn't be raise. If we see that the TPE gain is increasing constantly, it might helps but atm, the 32 million salary cap helps the parity of the league. NY was lucky to have Slaughter on his rookie contract, that why they were stacked. GM should time their cup run so they have quality player on their rookie contract. 

and I wouldn't consider Jericho as inactive. Half of his career, he topped the TPE cap and even at the end, he continue to do the pajodcast which gave him 6 tpe a week. Now, he writes on the mag so he earned his 9 tpe a week again.

Jte ferais pas mal.

"Jte" is the shorten way to say Je te in Quebec. 

and combine with "ferais pas mal" and the picture of the chick it means that I won't hurt her, which has a sexual reference.

Edited by boubabi

To be fair, Hallstrom has always performed exceptionally well in the sim given his TPE level.

Schedule is ridiculous this season. The 2nd half of Riga's season is laughably easy. It actually seems like it's been off the past couple of seasons.

Boom: "I had to google Scott Gomez!"  :lol:

Wait what Moher's going to Quebec? I thought there was only 1 big surprise trade!

Cologne 2nd over Helsinki? That's bold.

Disagree with raising the salary cap. All that will do is allow dynasties to last even longer.

Don't remind me about all the free agents we didn't sign in Cologne.

The market for buyers and sellers goes in cycles. I imagine sellers will have the advantage in the next season or two.

Honestly this whole cap thing just sounds like NA sport system vs. EU sport system.

Gow 4 GMotY

No to people skipping the VHLM. NO MORE DEADLINE RE-CREATION! THERE WE GO ROMANES.

That's not a sign of them not wanting to spend time in the VHLM. You said it yourself that's them wanting to maximize TPE. If the way to maximize TPE involved staying in the VHLM for a year, then they'd do it. If the goal is VHLM parity, then there's a different way to cap that.

Devise, why do you hate the VHLM so much? Serious question.

That 200 TPE thing would create the appearance of a system of have and have-nots. How much this would actually be true is up for debate, but as we saw with the recent stuff around the boards, appearance is everything.

I don't "hate" the VHLM. I just don't see a need for it for re-creates that know they are going to be in and out within a season. You can't develop a serious interest in your team goals for a single year. Yeah sure, we all put a little effort into it, but it's half ass. It's jolly team spirit just to keep things on the up and up but you end up caring about what you do in the VHL much more. 

Originally I figured this would be fine, but more and more newer members seem to be focused on longer tenures in the VHLM hoping to make it more relevant. More focused on team needs in the VHLM, winning, organization integrity. That is great, for them. I see the VHLM for what it really is though. It's a stop gap. The VHL is what matters. The VHL has the record books, the history, the integrity. Most people look at the VHL awards as the most real. So while I may be like most when I play in the VHL have some mild fun with it, my heart isn't there. Because I"m focused on when I get to the VHL and get with a group of people and try to win the real thing. 

Because of that I figured why not just allow people to separate? It's obvious some newer members take more pride in the VHLM stuff but it suddenly isn't going to change other members feelings on it. 

I don't "hate" the VHLM. I just don't see a need for it for re-creates that know they are going to be in and out within a season. You can't develop a serious interest in your team goals for a single year. Yeah sure, we all put a little effort into it, but it's half ass. It's jolly team spirit just to keep things on the up and up but you end up caring about what you do in the VHL much more. 

Originally I figured this would be fine, but more and more newer members seem to be focused on longer tenures in the VHLM hoping to make it more relevant. More focused on team needs in the VHLM, winning, organization integrity. That is great, for them. I see the VHLM for what it really is though. It's a stop gap. The VHL is what matters. The VHL has the record books, the history, the integrity. Most people look at the VHL awards as the most real. So while I may be like most when I play in the VHL have some mild fun with it, my heart isn't there. Because I"m focused on when I get to the VHL and get with a group of people and try to win the real thing. 

Because of that I figured why not just allow people to separate? It's obvious some newer members take more pride in the VHLM stuff but it suddenly isn't going to change other members feelings on it. 

Why can't you develop a serious interest in your team's goals for a season? That's what I don't get. What is so hard to rep your team and care for your team for a season? Why would you not want to be part of this new VHLM you see, where people are actually focused on organizational integrity?

The hate the VHLM gets is nothing more than a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you go into something saying you're going to hate it, then of course you're going to not have fun being there.

Why can't you develop a serious interest in your team's goals for a season? That's what I don't get. What is so hard to rep your team and care for your team for a season? Why would you not want to be part of this new VHLM you see, where people are actually focused on organizational integrity?

The hate the VHLM gets is nothing more than a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you go into something saying you're going to hate it, then of course you're going to not have fun being there.

As stated, I do half ass rep it. But you can't make a person care for something. I spent way more than one season in the VHLM in my time here. It isn't like I go in every time thinking "I hate this." I don't view it like that. I view it like, the VHL matters much much more to me. Why spend excess time in the VHLM when I can get to the real deal? Serious question, to non current VHLM GM's but top end members.

Do you follow the VHLM regularly after your player is no longer a part of it? Follow the trades, the storylines, all that jazz? It's almost always players in the VHLM and GM"s who talk about it. But of course that happens. Players in the VHL can spend up to 8 seasons with their clubs and in the league. Of course they would follow that over the VHLM. It's not a by product of me hating the core of the VHLM, it's a by product of the rules and structure of the league. 

But if newer players see a veteran member such as yourself half ass your time there, it may lead to them being not as interested. Granted, I'm not saying for you to wave your team's flag everywhere you go, but it definitely shows when you have the least bit of interest around the locker room and such.

But if newer players see a veteran member such as yourself half ass your time there, it may lead to them being not as interested. Granted, I'm not saying for you to wave your team's flag everywhere you go, but it definitely shows when you have the least bit of interest around the locker room and such.

I posted in the LR when I was in the VHLM. Well when the LR was active that is. My first player in I was the only active player on a team in the VHLM. I put an attempt in at team spirit. But my point is that I don't have my heart it in because it's a lesser experience compared to the VHL.