Retro Theme - Greg Eagles returns

Greg_Di

Winter Classic: Bernier wins battle for Leafs' No. 1 goalie role: DiManno |  The Star

The Vancouver Wolves are scheduling a retro theme classic game with all the top Wolves players over the last few years. One of those players is the grandfather of current Wolves player Henry Eagles.

That man is Greg Eagles, the popular Wolves goalie has been invited to wear the Wolves colors one more time for one more day as he has been selected to the Wolves Classics team to play an outdoor game during the Wolves retro week.

Retro week in Vancouver is a week where the Wolves celebrate all there past players and heroes and keeps the fans up to date with what they have been up to. This week ends in the highly antipicated Wolves Classics games where the heroes of old put on their equipment one more time and play 3 periods of 10 minutes each. Fans will be in for a treat as all the top players have agreed to participate (some of these names will be named below). This week long event is free to all Wolves fans but thee classic game is a first come first serve event as there are limited seating in the outdoor arena.

"I don't even know if my equipment still fits, it has been about 12 seasons for me since I last played and I can tell you I definitely have not stayed as fit as a VHL player should " Greg laughed "It is an honor though to be selected and I will do my best and try not to let in 10 or more goals and try to help my team get the win, I also haven't played an out door game in a while so that will be interesting"

Greg will be joined by some Wolves all-stars and fan favorites such as Robin Galante Nilsson, Jeff Downey, Henry Tucker, Julias Freeman, Brock Louth, Andrew Su, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Greg's counterpart Jimmy Spyro.

"It is a great group of talented players with lots of history with this Wolves team, the fans are in for a treat" Greg continued "We may not be as fast or skilled anymore as we were in our youth but we will make sure to make it fun and entertaining for all our fans. It will be great to see some of these guys and catch up with everyone. We will also be organizing a meet and greet during this retro week so that fans can come out, talk to us and if they want have some autographs signed"

This retro group has also been invited to the Wolves press box for the next couple of games so that they can sit in and watch the current team play.

"It's always fun to see the new future of VHL players play, there is always a difference between generation to generation and I get to watch my grand child play" Greg said "I always wonder if we played at the same time, if Henry would have been able to score so many goals against me as he scores against the current crop of VHL players. Maybe one day they will come up with a simulation and see" 

Edited by Greg_Di