Theme Week - BACK IN MY DAY

Phil

As I put fingers to touchscreen, I don’t know what I am going to write about. I even skipped the title, which for me is usually the place I can iron out an idea. Oh well, let’s go with the flow.

my schedule is currently all over the place, so I didn’t get a chance to podcast which means I am missing out of theme week TPE. But never fear, I shan’t miss out on theme week itself!! This seasons theme week is RETRO. Now I don’t know how far back retro is considered but let’s talk about grading.

Back in my day, we couldn’t claim a media spot, podcast, or graphic until it has been graded by two members of the grading team. When I started out podcasting, because of the length of time graders would have to take to listen to it, these point tasks would take anywhere from a week to a month to actually be graded. Graphics seemed to be graded instantaneously, because the graders would look at it, say one line like “nice rendering” and give it a 5/6. Oh yes, we potentially didn’t get full marks on our pts. Imagine that!  

of course that’s when I joined the grading teams to help with the backlog of articles and podcasts. It was great tedious time. I would grade an average of about 30 articles each week. Your welcome league. Frescoelmo, victor, and I were the Og team. Dollarandadream came along and joined our gangsta crew. You kids these days have no idea how lucky you have it.

anyway, I guess I found my topic for this week. Thanks theme week. You’ve done it again!